Come To Kelowna Guys Here We Go Again

No offence intended HB but if only it were so, the benevolent insurance companies taking care of people in there time of need. It seems that your world is all rainbows, cinnamon buns and chocolate sprinkles. I'm sure that your dad is a nice guy, who's dad isn't, right? In my perfect world ( as stated before) we would all sit on the beach in some hot country eating coconuts and fishing half the day. (and i would like to amend that by adding: being served cold beverages of choice by drop-dead-gorgeous women in grass skirts) But the reality is perhaps something else. I co-own a property on which a house burned and it has been 1 3/4 years and not a thing has been resolved, but we have had to hire a lawyer to fight to get the terms of the policy met. It has had the same policy for almost 40 years, never missed a premium payment but oh boy when it comes time to pay out....... the #### they are trying to pull. I have another really nice experience too that i won't get into but suffice it to say you may think you are entitled because you have coverage but you have to fight to get it and they are counting on a large percentage of claimants giving up and not pursuing claims or accepting 50 cents on the dollar, thus saving them money. That's the bottom line!

So sorry for your loss, L3. I do hope you are compensated appropriately.

ps... *please keep best thoughts for the crew still missing from Quebec (friends of ISE DA BY).*

pps... Best keep on topic. My welt wounds still haven't healed completely...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching the latest on Global...all the best to everyone involved, in the air or on the ground.

L3...I can't believe that you have to hire a lawyer to get the insurance company to meet the terms of your policy...I've never wished that I was a lawyer but if I was I'd help you. What a crock.

Mark

Okay going to throw this out there. Starting tomorrow all helicopter companys stop free ferry/come on spec.

Everyone is only allowed to call forestry offices to see if they are hiring. You can only go to fires if hired.

Not sure how the industry is doing it right now is helping anything??? That many machines in Kelowna on free spec taking up needed evacuees hotel rooms is not really good.

The fire is nine km north of Oliver in Vasux Creek. As an aside and in relation to L3's insurance story, it took my wife 5 years and $35000 to get ICBC settle an auto accident that she was injured in. I know exactly where he is coming from. they have one intrest in mind and it is not you or me.

Not sure how the industry is doing it right now is helping anything??? That many machines in Kelowna on free spec taking up needed evacuees hotel rooms is not really good.

What kind of statement is this??

Maybe all of the crews should go home and free up a whole bunch of space, then you can do all the fire by yourself.

What about all the tourists?

What about the bussinessmen/women in town?

What about..????

A few crews on spec will not / does not make any difference at all.

:down: :down: :down:

Putz, your name is appropriate.

"...taking up rooms......" ?????? Huh ???

After all the evacuees, regular holiday-makers, and incoming fire-fighters, I'm sure the heli crews are finding it tough just to find a room.

Meanwhile another small fire just started in Peachland......after dark !!

Thankfully, engine crews got to it quickly.

It is tinder-dry out there.

Kelowna, or anywhere in the Okanagan is a good place for heli crews to stand-by.

I know you are entitled to post your opinions here, but please think before doing so.