Come To Kelowna Guys Here We Go Again

A lot of support for the BC premier on this forum!

I don't need a point. I simply have no respect for our Premier, and don't consider him very bright.

I read most of the forums on here, but haven't posted forever. Just thought I'd see if I could remember how to type.

I'll disappear for a while again now, have at 'er.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lineworker,

We don't necessarily like Premier Campbell anymore than you do.

But you wanted him to hire a helicopter from the local airport for his "charter visit", (your words)

and that is exactly what he did.

I believe the BC Government sold-off the last of it's aircraft many years ago, and it has chartered ever since.

Attached is a photo of the Premier and the Skyline 212, based at CYLW.

(photo by Kelly Hayes, Castanet.com)

Please continue to post here. Your opinions on the subject are welcomed.

But please base your thoughts on facts, not just a pre-determined dislike.

post-422-1248467855_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pat on the back, but I was aware of the fact that they hired that machine. I made no point other than it was a waste of time for him to come over. He could have watched the footage from the CTV machine and made his soundbite from Victoria.

BC forestry is dealing with their fire science from a budget. I get that. I simply make the statement that the 212 could have done some effective flying rather than ferrying around a drunken adulterer recording his concerned facial expressions for the punchclock viewing at 6.

The red shirt was a nice touch though. Ah.

At no time in this response do I make direct reference as to who or what I may have meant by drunken adulterer. It could have been a code word and did not in any way reference an occurance involving a politician in an impaired in Hawai, who at the time had a passenger.

212, you are fair, tolerant and impartial. I agree with your point of view. I just wanted to take a poke at a politician with such a colorful history.

Cheers

This is also a good point. Most politicians deserve a good jab.

I was up front on his recci flight of the area, we did the two crew thing in the 212. As PNF I just did my thing and had a good look around.

The folks in the back had a decent discussion on the area and the people affected, seemed like there was genuine concern. The group was told by the forest service about how all the aircraft were civilian contractors on both long and short term hire, and what a top notch job they were doing. The whole flight was fairly positive given the circumstances.

And you should have seen the size of the cop that Gordon had with him! I figured if I hit this guy in the head as hard as I could may not have cared, and the he'd disassemble me.

This is also a good point. Most politicians deserve a good jab.

I was up front on his recci flight of the area, we did the two crew thing in the 212. As PNF I just did my thing and had a good look around.

. . . and your ears open!

Things are not always as they seem. Good to get something from the "horse's mouth"! So often here, it seems to be from the other end. I've learned volumes by keeping the intercom on, and my mouth shut.

Cheers . . . . .