Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Mvh

oreomaster

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Paul, I was waiting for you to respond, What took you so long?

Past Student C-FSRT

Sometime people reply without knowing all the facts.. the #### disturbers are just trying to get a rise oout of the forum, as we can see Squakey is up to. Pm me and let me know how the industry has been treating you.

Cheers

PRJB

Sometime people reply without knowing all the facts.. the #### disturbers are just trying to get a rise oout of the forum, as we can see Squakey is up to. Pm me and let me know how the industry has been treating you.

Cheers

Squakey don't mean nothin personal, just playin devils advocate. Your school is one of the better ones. Just sayin thers's alot of schools that don't give the facts on what its all about and rake it in on the dreams of these kids.

I am truly sorry if you thought this was a personal attack.

PRJB

For what's woth I have stopped by MVH a couple of times as a prospective student and for a fa, flight. PB was happy to spend an hour with me, didn't give me any BS and told me how it was going to be. I appreciated the honesty. I also flew with one of his students that was hire for a summer of sightseeing and was hoping to get over 400 hours in is first summer as a new graduate...he certainly wasn't complaining!

Mark

I can honestly say that Paul does indeed help place his students in flying positions with operators in the industry. I have hired over a dozen of his students over the years and part of the reason is because he will call me several times throughout the year asking if I'm looking for pilots and saying he has some good prospects. There are only one or two other instructors/training school owners that have called me and none as consistent as Paul. His school has put out some very good pilots over the years and I have no reason to doubt that it will for years to come.

I have read the debates on which school is best, what area to train, what type to train on, which instructor is the best........but few discussions on what is "your" school doing for you AFTER you train?????

Like I said I hear from few other instructors and I have hired on average 3-5 entry level pilots every year, the majority being MVH students!

Todd Tkach

Gemini Helicopters

• 2 weeks later...

MVH sure was good to me. I was one of the fortunate few (especially in this economic climate) to get flying a few months out of school, and I owe that to MVH. I had a tremendously educational - - and fun - summer out at Drum, and I'll be forever grateful to them for giving me my first break. Not only did I spend the summer flying there, MVH also gave me a LOT of other flying opportunities, including a cross-Canada ferry flight. For the record, their support goes beyond just summer employment - since I finished work at the end of the summer, they've still kept in touch with potential opportunities to fly. Above and beyond, IMHO.

- Darren

• 1 year later...