Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the
:)

Part VI - General Operating and Flight Rules

Canadian Aviation Regulations 2009-1

Content last revised: 2009/06/30

DIVISION I - GENERAL

Reckless or Negligent Operation of Aircraft

602.01 No person shall operate an aircraft in such a reckless or negligent manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger the life or property of any person.

CARS

Airmanship is skill and knowledge applied to aerial navigation, similar to seamanship in maritime navigation. Airmanship covers a broad range of desirable behaviors and abilities in an aviator. It is not simply a measure of skill or technique, but also a measure of a pilot’s awareness of the aircraft, the environment in which it operates, and of his own capabilities.

Airmanship can be defined as:

A sound acquaintance with the principles of flight,

The ability to operate an airplane with competence and precision both on the ground and in the air, and

The exercise of sound judgment that results in optimal operational safety and efficiency.

The three fundamental principles of expert airmanship are skill, proficiency, and the discipline to apply them in a safe and efficient manner. Discipline is the foundation of airmanship The complexity of the aviation environment demands a foundation of solid airmanship, and a healthy, positive approach to combating pilot error.

Wikipedia

Part VI - General Operating and Flight Rules

Canadian Aviation Regulations 2009-1

Content last revised: 2009/06/30

DIVISION I - GENERAL

Reckless or Negligent Operation of Aircraft

602.01 No person shall operate an aircraft in such a reckless or negligent manner as to endanger or be likely to endanger the life or property of any person.

Hey Fred... glad to see you are concerned about the safe operation of aircraft.

But, I disagree with your assessment of the situation.

Hey Fred... glad to see you are concerned about the safe operation of aircraft.

But, I disagree with your assessment of the situation.

If you are standing in the area of the helipad most pilots (assumption of course) are going to assume that you are supposed to be there and are going to treat you as such. I don't think I have ever heard a fire fighter complain because the machine was landing to close. No they ***** when they have to walk to the machine.

Who ever Fred thinks he is....he needs to get a clue about the operations of helicopters in the "real world". Get a life and don't critic the pilot for doing his job. The media is CLEARLY in the wrong.

Cheers

Swede

Fred Lewis,

You might wanna look at this situation in another manner because it is an indictable offence to jeopordize the safe flight of an aircraft, and to trespass onto any landing area of an aircraft which becomes restricted...

It is a good thing the pilot was probably in a good mood, because if it was me, I would have had the already overloaded and very busy RCMP move that camera crew and their equipment.

I am glad you are able to cut and paste from the CARs but maybe do some more research prior to posting on here.

You're not supposed to operate a motor vehicle in a wreckless manner either, but if you're oblivious enough to your surroundings that you set up in the middle of a highway, well, you've decided your own fate

Thanks for the CARs lesson Fred

In my humble opinion (and no I am not the pilot in the video) the actions of the pilot were in NO WAY reckless. In the video it is clear that he landed well clear of the crew. If they choose - as the media is known to - blow the event way out of proportion then there is nothing we can do. To bad some members of our forum have to side with the media crew that was in an area that was off limits to them.

Swede