Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lillooet

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, did you say analyze? ok here goes.

This episode happened at CC Heli's hangar down by the river, not at the airport, so BCFS is off the hook.

The yard is well fenced and marked with the appropriate signage.

Here is an overhead...

post-2269-1251358553_thumb.jpg

In the video, note that the camera uses a wide-angle lens which makes the space seem quite large. It's not.

Also keep an eye on the angle of the fence in the background.

The BJ likely happened when the pilot set the bucket down and darling Lisa was probably close to the hangar. After the cut away, you can see by the angle of the fence that she has moved away from the hangar.

When the camera pans left to the 212 it stops short of showing what's on the other side of it. Two 212s and 3 206s were working from here.

Here's a shot from another angle (blue dot on the overhead, different day).

post-2269-1251358736_thumb.jpg

Check the fence and see how close to the river bank the pads are. That bank drops off quickly. The trees in the overhead are below pad level. A guy would certainly want to set his bucket in front of him so it didn't blow over the bank.

So where else was he supposed to land other than where he did, in his designated spot on company private property. Probably had to take a leak too. Those guys were going steady.

Good reconstruction work BCPICS - but you forgot to say, "...and that's the the way it happened your honour."

I showed my wife (who works for CTV just north of the centre of the universe) the video. She dried her laughing tears and made a few industry jokes about what happened. The next day she gathered a group in the newsroom and all watched the video. There was the expected reaction when the windstorm hit, there was laughter when the dust started, there were near hysterics when they kept the camera on her even though the downwash was knocking her and her early 80's curls out of frame, but then they finally were disgusted.....

They were disgusted at the CTV cutbacks had gone so far that the poor reporter couldn't afford to have all of her hair dyed the same colour. Tsk, tsk, tsk, we thought the helicopter industry was having a bad year. :lol:

........and now, sports.

I don't care how many times i watch this Video it just gets funnier and funnier.

And as She admits IT IS AN ACTIVE HELI PAD hmm guess it doesn't take much to make a mountain out of a mole hill

Betcha She will adhire to the signs next time :lol::P:rolleyes::lol:

Mark, did you say analyze? ok here goes.

This episode happened at CC Heli's hangar down by the river, not at the airport, so BCFS is off the hook.

The yard is well fenced and marked with the appropriate signage.

Here is an overhead...

post-2269-1251358553_thumb.jpg

In the video, note that the camera uses a wide-angle lens which makes the space seem quite large. It's not.

Also keep an eye on the angle of the fence in the background.

The BJ likely happened when the pilot set the bucket down and darling Lisa was probably close to the hangar. After the cut away, you can see by the angle of the fence that she has moved away from the hangar.

When the camera pans left to the 212 it stops short of showing what's on the other side of it. Two 212s and 3 206s were working from here.

Here's a shot from another angle (blue dot on the overhead, different day).

post-2269-1251358736_thumb.jpg

Check the fence and see how close to the river bank the pads are. That bank drops off quickly. The trees in the overhead are below pad level. A guy would certainly want to set his bucket in front of him so it didn't blow over the bank.

So where else was he supposed to land other than where he did, in his designated spot on company private property. Probably had to take a leak too. Those guys were going steady.

Good work BC.

It amazes me the level of polarization such a simple event can generate. Such is the nature of anonymous internet forums I suppose.

Why must we always be so quick to discuss who's to 'blame' and deride whichever side of the debate you disagree with. The helicopter pilot landed in one of the few spots available to him. The reporter was covering a news piece from an approved location. Am I 100% positive it was an approved (by the company) location? No, but if not, CC needs to address their site security and actually build a fence around the entire perimeter of their base to prevent people wandering around. Unfortunately for the reporter and cameraman, the landing disrupted the news report and created some laundry chores, much to the enduring amusement of a legion of mouth-breathing viewers guffawing from their couches at home as they wait for the next episode of America's Funniest Home Videos to begin. "f'n super duper hilarious!"

I'll wager few of you who commented on this event have ever been to Lillooet and many of you have never worked with reporters. Nor have you paused to consider how a media crew obtains their footage of the same events that you tirelessly watch - every night - right on schedule. Let's comment only on what we know, otherwise those we ridicule appear to be geniuses in comparison.