Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Stealing A Guy's Refuelling Gear...now That's About As Low As It Gets

Guest Bullet Remington
Maybe I better take my blade tie downs and inlet covers with me before I leave the machine for the night too in case the refueler at the airport decides to steal them.

Wow! Now that's enfantile!! They , like the refueling gear stay with the machine!1 how about you tie down the blades and put the inlet covers on before you leave the machine for the night??

keerist, gotta tell you drivers everything?? B):P:lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of being too ethical and throwing stones,,,would like to know the official BR ruling of finding an AME's beloved flush cut sidecutters in the helicopter the day after work was done?

Perhaps there are multiple sides to the story,,,same as my apparent multiple personalities,,,maybe the pilot was lazy and left it behind,,maybe the customer had too much baggage and had to leave the pump behind,,,maybe the pilot was moving a drill close by and could not see the point of dragging the pump in and out of the machine every hour....maybe he just forgot it like the sidecutters....

But the point was made that the gear got stolen by some sob and will trade you a fuel cap and a pair of sidecutters for it :D

One of our pilots who is currently working in Northern Quebec had his refuelling gear stolen from a remote fuel cache last week (by another operator). When he arrived at his cache, he was surprised to find his refuelling gear gone and a nice fresh set of Skid prints in the sand. Luckily, the pilot still had enough fuel to return to camp and did not have to leave any clients in the bush.This is about as low as it gets; what happened to the proffesionalism and honor among pilots that the canadian aviation industry was built on? The responsible person(s) have no regard for human safety and don't deserve to be part of this industry.

what goes around comes around.....

Guest Bullet Remington
At the risk of being too ethical and throwing stones,,,would like to know the official BR ruling of finding an AME's beloved flush cut sidecutters in the helicopter the day after work was done?

Perhaps there are multiple sides to the story,,,same as my apparent multiple personalities,,,maybe the pilot was lazy and left it behind,,maybe the customer had too much baggage and had to leave the pump behind,,,maybe the pilot was moving a drill close by and could not see the point of dragging the pump in and out of the machine every hour....maybe he just forgot it like the sidecutters....

But the point was made that the gear got stolen by some sob and will trade you a fuel cap and a pair of sidecutters for it :D

Skully:

Now here's a post I wasn't expecting!! But should have expected! It's good to see that at least SOME of you driver's have been listening to the engineer. Who when confronted with a subject that touches a sore point, and we can't respond or debate a subject with anything contributory, we Deflect, Deny and Divert!! ;):lol:

Yes there are multiple sides to any story, having said that, that DOES'T mean that there are multiple rights to any one wrong! NONE of the excuses listed warrants the leaving of the fuel or any other gear, period. Your point that "the point was made that some SOB stole the gear, is correct. MY POINT is; The gear SHOULDN't have been left so the SOB could have stolen the gear!

Assuming he DID pull the gear out to make the machine lighter to move a drill, let's assume that he pulled the survival kit, the first aid kit, fire extingusher and a myrade of other equipment. Then he has an accident 5 miles from the job site, and the worst happens. Does the fact that he pulled the gear to get the job done made it acceptable, legal or justifiable? Just asking!

As for the side cutters, that could be a whole new thread. but now that you brought it up, and without being sarcastic, congratulations! I am very happy to see a driver that checks the machine over in the MORNING after the engineer worked on it ALL NIGHT, while the pilot was sleeping! That is something I expect to see and I do get pissed off IF the driver DON"T check the machine AFTER I work on it! I'd much rather have someone smart, like another engineer, look over my work, but baring that, I will reluctantly accept a driver looking it over! I'd much rather have the driver come back in the evening doing the usual driver shyte (you know whinning and complainin) then have to go out with another machine and a zippered plactic bag to pick up what's left of my driver. But Hey, that's just me!bThen again, MAYBE the engineer left the side cutters then because he was pressured by the amount of work the driver wanted done. MAYBE he HAD to put the refuelling gear in before the driver took off on the first lift of the day??? AMybe! that could have happened!! <_< Just saying!!! B)

As for the Fuel cap and side cutters, Don't need a jetbox fuel cap, don't have an endoresement on em - Don't need the side cutters, including the flush cutters I have 8 sets now. :rolleyes:

AND the fact remainds, regardless of the attempts to justify the actions, the gear shouldn'thave been left. As I stated, I concurr that stealing the gear is pretty low, BUT leaving the gear is way down the list of "not-so smart" decisions as well.

And good attempt trying to deflect and divert!! Who trained you??? :lol::lol::lol:

As for the side cutters, that could be a whole new thread. but now that you brought it up, and without being sarcastic, congratulations! I am very happy to see a driver that checks the machine over in the MORNING after the engineer worked on it ALL NIGHT, while the pilot was sleeping! That is something I expect to see and I do get pissed off IF the driver DON"T check the machine AFTER I work on it! I'd much rather have someone smart, like another engineer, look over my work, but baring that, I will reluctantly accept a driver looking it over! I'd much rather have the driver come back in the evening doing the usual driver shyte (you know whinning and complainin) then have to go out with another machine and a zippered plactic bag to pick up what's left of my driver. But Hey, that's just me!bThen again, MAYBE the engineer left the side cutters then because he was pressured by the amount of work the driver wanted done. MAYBE he HAD to put the refuelling gear in before the driver took off on the first lift of the day??? AMybe! that could have happened!! <_< Just saying!!! B)

And good attempt trying to deflect and divert!! Who trained you??? :lol::lol::lol:

Ok,

Let me get this straight:

You are an AME who has an obvious superiority complex, and you decide that it's somehow your responsibility to tell pilots how to operate their a/c? Do you really expect anyone to listen to a post like that?

Skully may have "multiple personalities," but he's got a point in his post in that there are a myriad of circumstances that could/do require fueling gear to be left behind.

When will you people figure out there a job to be done, and it goes a whole lot better when pilots and mechanics check their egos at the door?

AR

Am afraid I disagree on the leavingbehind of fuel gear as myself and our crews leave it behind most every day,,,cannot justify having 45 lbs onboard(with the lama there is a whole affair of grease/oil /rags/grease gun/ oil gun all in the same container that gets left at fuel cache) while doing heavy lifting....but the survival gear/first aid kit and even tools should be onboard all the time..

You have 8 sets of cutters too??? Seems we are in the wrong didness,,,,should be selling tools/fueling gear :D

Trained???Not sure am yet!!

Guest Bullet Remington
Ok,

Let me get this straight:

You are an AME who has an obvious superiority complex, and you decide that it's somehow your responsibility to tell pilots how to operate their a/c? Do you really expect anyone to listen to a post like that?

Skully may have "multiple personalities," but he's got a point in his post in that there are a myriad of circumstances that could/do require fueling gear to be left behind.

When will you people figure out there a job to be done, and it goes a whole lot better when pilots and mechanics check their egos at the door?

AR

AR- Really?? You can tell all that about me and you have no freakin idea who I am?? Amazing! You a freakin genius!!

I don't believe you are correct though. I don't have a superiority complex any more then Skully or you. (Ok maybe more then you) :lol: I don't HAVE a problem leaving fuel gear behind PROVIDED it is a) left at the main staging area where it can be secured B) will NOT be required BEFORE return to main staging area. For that matter Im NOT opposed to gear 'being removed from the machine to do a lift. What I AM opposed to is gear being pulled, left unaccompanied at a point that will not be visited until next day! To me that's like hanging your pecker into the window of a gay bar!! ( So I hear from a pilot!!) :P I have and shall always maintain that the gear goes BACK into the machine everyday its taken out, UNLESS it is secured at the main staging area,a nd the main staging area is the ONLY refueling point!

As for me telling drivers how to operate their aircraft. I wasn't implying that, and again, you're are amazing that you could actually read that in my post!! That post by the way was directed at Skully, who got it! you didn't! I don't bother telling pilots how to operate the machine, I'm too busy operating the pilot! Besides, the pilot will eventually snarl something up quite easily. If I give him too much information it just confuses him!! :rolleyes: And I don't like having a confused driver operating my machine!! Weird stuff happens when they're confused!!

And just to clarify, I have both licenses, AR. So I can legally do both jobs! You?? B)

And yes, I expect people especially my driver to listen to me, just as he expects me to listen to him.

I like that "When will YOU PEOPLE figure out there is a job to be done, and it goes a whole lot better when you check their egos at the door." I learned that 25 years ago when I had 5 years in this business. Question is, where did you check yours?? :lol::rolleyes:;)

Skully: I concurr. We're definitely in the wrong business. Should be selling suppoirt gear for the industry. i do believe there's more money is the support end then in the operational end!! And training wise you're good! i'd do a couple of tours with ya AND leave the 15"cresent home...at least for the first tour!!! :P

And while you are at it, why not leave your emergency rations behind. :lol: :lol:

With all due respect, how can someone compare leaving your refuelling gear behind to leaving survival gear behind. In many cases, helicopter operations in canada are conducted in remote areas, with no other fuel sources for hundreds of miles. It's not uncommon foroperations at or near max gross weight of the helicopter. I would have to question the intelligence of a pilot who chose to carry the extra weight when operating at max gross, when he knew of no other fuel in the area. This cache would be frequented regularly throughout the day. It seems to like basic risk management as well as good airmanship.

The pilot's only mistake was assuming that a fellow pilot would act like a proffesional, something that seems to be lacking in our industry,as noted (and demonstrated by some in this forum). Very few people can actually relate to the situations a pilot faces in remote operations; one would like to think a fellow pilot could relate and would not tamper with your refuelling gear.

If you check the original post, there was no mention of survival gear being stolen. It was on board.

Guest Bullet Remington
With all due respect, how can someone compare leaving your refuelling gear behind to leaving survival gear behind. [/color]Quite easily! IF you're operating in a remote location (as this pilot was) there is no diffference between the survival gear and the refueling gear. Essentially both gear IS sruvival gear! In many cases, helicopter operations in canada are conducted in remote areas, with no other fuel !sources for hundreds of miles. It's not uncommon foroperations at or near max gross weight of the helicopter. Your point?? You are preaching to the choir! I would have to question the intelligence of a pilot who chose to carry the extra weight when operating at max gross, when he knew of no other fuel in the area. This cache would be frequented regularly throughout the day. I concurr! IF YOU go back and re-read the orginial post, the gear was left there overnight! I would have to question the intelligence of the pilot for leaving it there! It seems to like basic risk management as well as good airmanship.Risk management?? I call Bull Shyte!

The pilot's only mistake was assuming that a fellow pilot would act like a proffesional, something that seems to be lacking in our industry,as noted (and demonstrated by some in this forum). No, i think not! the pilot also erred by leaving the gear there overnight! Very few people can actually relate to the situations a pilot faces in remote operations; Again, you're preaching to the choirone would like to think a fellow pilot could relate and would not tamper with your refuelling gear. That's like leaving the keys in you car with the door unlocked in downtown vancouver (or calgary) pick a city to suit) You'd think that MOSt adukts would be responsible enough to leave it alone, BUT somebody will steal it!If you check the original post, there was no mention of survival gear being stolen. It was on board.Don't believe anybdy implied that the gear was taken out of the machine, in the first post. It was brought up at about page 3 or 4.