Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Stealing A Guy's Refuelling Gear...now That's About As Low As It Gets

Guest Bullet Remington
BR,,thanks,,,don't leave the 15 inch crescent as it makes a superior hammer,,, :rolleyes:

Hammer?? Hammer?? Note to self: When doing a bush tour with Skully, LOCK EVERY FREAKIN THING !! :lol:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AR- Really?? You can tell all that about me and you have no freakin idea who I am??

Amazing! You a freakin genius!!.

I think it has little to do with either, and I appreciate the compliments, but may I suggest you go back and re-read what you wrote... If it is not as it comes across, then I think the problem lies in your ability to articulate what you actually mean... because the way I read it, you've got it all figured out and have an issue with pilots. Perhaps your sarcasm in that area didn't come across as intended, I'll give you that considering the medium, however once again, that's your communication issue, not mine.

But hey, as you say, what do I know?

AR

I love it.

This post started as a fellow looking for some nods and shakes, a collective commiseration on what the world has come to, and now I have a psychologist friend who jokes of using personalities on this site as case studies.

Yes, mine was considered. But I stole his notes.

And yes, I leave gear at my drum if the weather is non-precipitive. (is that a word)? The lama has no compartments to leave it in, and it weighs too much in the A-star when you are max gross.

But I do always bring it home, and I do not leave my survival gear or bung wrench in the field, cause I've had that stolen more than once.

And when you are a hundred miles from Tuk, or Kug, or wherever, you're going to have confidence that the musk ox aren't lubing up with your kerosene.

So, the guy who stole the gear is a douche. And he's probably stolen something since I started writing this. I am going to go check my stuff.

Hammer?? Hammer?? Note to self: When doing a bush tour with Skully, LOCK EVERY FREAKIN THING !! :lol:

Whaaa? Have you ever tried to use a 3/4 in. boxend as a hammer,,,takes forever,,,vicegrips just sprang apart,,,,so the crescent is the winner. Somehow there are never any actual hammers when am around,,,go figgur.

Funny story though,,,the instructor giving a lama course told me to give it a calibrated tap when the stupid thing wouldn't start(yes at the course the helicopter wouldn't start),,,,so all I had was a leatherman,,,,I tapped it,,,it started,,,,so began the love affair with the lama....

Guest Bullet Remington
I think it has little to do with either, and I appreciate the compliments, but may I suggest you go back and re-read what you wrote... If it is not as it comes across, then I think the problem lies in your ability to articulate what you actually mean... because the way I read it, you've got it all figured out and have an issue with pilots. Perhaps your sarcasm in that area didn't come across as intended, I'll give you that considering the medium, however once again, that's your communication issue, not mine.

But hey, as you say, what do I know?

AR

AR

The only person on this forum that has any trouble understanding what I posted is you! I don't have a communication problem, you have a comprehension problem. If you didn't read the sarecasm in specific parts of my post you have to be illiterate. And, I specifically posted those little smilie things so those literately challenged could grasp the intent of the written word.

As for you question, What do you know? Appearently not a heck of alot?

It appears to me, that you're looking for a pi$$in contest. I'd oblige you IF I thought there was some benefit to the topic posted herein. In that there is no benefit, except to satify you meager ego, I'll pass. Until you showed up, we were having a debate on refueling gear! Want to clarify just what your contribution is to the subject??

Go back and read where I posted, "I don't bother telling drivers how to operate the helicopter, I'm too busy operating the driver."" that was sarcasm as well.

When you're done re-reading my posts, go to the main page and read "How to Operate a "Helicopter Mechanic."

Most everybody else got the essence of my post except you. You do have my sympathy!

Here's a question, when you fly ( assuming you fly as a helicopter pilot) do you wear the same brightly painted helmet you wore to school on the little bus?? :lol:

( Now that was a sarcastic statement!)

You can respond if you want, just don't expect me to waste my time "wrestling with a pig."

Maybe one of the other drivers can explain that expression to ya.

Guest Bullet Remington
I am quite aware what was written in the original post since I wrote it. Nowhere does it say that it was left overnight. Where are getting your info?

Ffreewheel:

I stand corrected, You are absolutely correct. I was getting ahead of my self. i with draw that statement and apologize for any harrassment that statement may have caused you.

Having said that I could've posted the name of the company on the equipment bag, as well as the company who employs the proported criminal accused of illegally procuring the referenced equipment!! ;)

Again, I apologize for any discomfort that staement MAY have caused you!!

BR

Jumping over a bunch of wrench and hammer posts to say...

So when you get on the job with a long line, 3 nets, barrel slings, refueling gear, spares (boxes), door etc and you just "have" to leave a few things behind because you know, there just isn't enough room for all of your stuff and the customers stuff. :(

Debating the fact that the fuel pump should or shouldn't be on board is pointless. Sometime you just don't need it or have the room on a particular flight/trip. Lots of different scenarios that could make this happen.

So is a driver stupid for leaving it? Then there are probably a lot of stupid drivers out there! (Probably leaving myself wide open on that one!)

Fact is, it didn't belong to the one that took it. And that makes 'HIM' the scum of the earth just like every other low life that takes whatever doesn't belong to them.

Gear and spares will continue to be left at landings, fuel caches, and road sides as necessary in order to get the job done.

Be a professional, if it is not yours, leave it where it lies... Just because I left it, doesn't make it yours to take.

klw

Guest Bullet Remington
Whaaa? Have you ever tried to use a 3/4 in. boxend as a hammer,,,takes forever,,,vicegrips just sprang apart,,,,so the crescent is the winner. Somehow there are never any actual hammers when am around,,,go figgur.

[/color]No hammers, huh? I am most happy with the concerted effort carried out to rid access to striking instruments, by drivers. I BOSSE is doing a great Job! ( I- BOSSE = International Brotherhood OF Sarcastic and Sassy Engineers!)

Funny story though,,,the instructor giving a lama course told me to give it a calibrated tap when the stupid thing wouldn't start(yes at the course the helicopter wouldn't start),,,,so all I had was a leatherman,,,,I tapped it,,,it started,,,,so began the love affair with the lama....

Yeah, Never worked a Lama, but I like the fact that MOST everything is hanging out. The ONLY machine uglier then a S64E! The French make me wonder what they were thinking when they designed and built that sucker! Its a freakin work horse. THANKfully, the Brits have really gotten into the manufacture of widely available commercial helicopters! The Brits scare the bejesus outa me! Afdter working some of their plank stuff, I figure they all had to be pinned when the came up with the brain-fart designs they came up with. Ever try to get the NLG sterring pins in an Early version of the Shorts Skyvan??? Keersit, what an abortion that thing is!!

Wait a second...did you say leatherman??? your engineer know you're flogging around wearin that thing on yer belt??? ;):lol::lol:

Wait a second...did you say leatherman??? your engineer know you're flogging around wearin that thing on yer belt??? ;):lol::lol:

They keep stealing my leatherman(s) and saying that I lose them,,,so I just borrow their tools,,,,just pilot stuff you know :rolleyes:

Most engineers have worked with love lendingme their tools as I usually wreck them or lose them and have to buy new stuff,,,but am getting better at it,,,,,have learned that you don't screw with the old worn out lockwire pliers or the new lockwire pliers,,,is better to just use the canadian tire pliers and keeps me from buying too much beer.