Heli-college

3Lions

Just check to see if they do full- on auto,s and jammed pedal in the hover last time i checked they didn,t you will look foolish if you turn up for a job not having done any of these procedures shop around and don,t be fooled there is no excuse other wise canada will end up like american stlye training no discipline thats obvious :shock:

feel free to come by bc helicopters. we do full on autos (or rather..YOU will :up: ) and jammed pedals...in the hover..after translation...in flight...right AND left.....

remember, actually getting you doing full on auto's rather than having an instructor demo a full on then have you do power recoveries is two worlds apart......

it's your money.........

Everyone knows my feelings regarding the R22 but I would suggest at least looking into schools with the Schweizer 300's. The safety records are out there for your study. Also, the comments regarding full on autos and jammed pedals also ring very true. As 412driver said, it is your money.

Just to clarify, Lyle Watts, Chief Flight Inst., has assured me they carry out full-on autos, jammed pedals in the hover and, dependant on the student's progress, some operational flying (pad landings, slinging etc.).

Thanks for all the comments fellas - sound advice.

I'm sure he did. What's he going to say?

Again, it is a wise idea to go visit all the schools personally. You asked for our advice so there it is.

I personally know someone who trained there and during PPC training had a real stupid look on his face when told to place his feet on the floor for jammed pedals. He had NO idea!! :down:

Your call!

If you want the best emergency training in the world you would be very wise to check out Bob Riemers school in Sydney at the Victoria Airport.The name is Coast Helicopter Collage.He allso has conections with companies that hire his best students..

Good luck and dont do anything till youve checked everything out,schools that is. Riemer is the best...........Mini

Glad to hear more great stuff about Bob, since he'll be training me this fall. So did you train with him MINI, or just see 1st hand the kind of pilot he puts out? You still on the island? Hmmm, think we already had this conversation...or maybe it was someone else who flew with Bob.

Sorry this is off topic. ;)

"dependant on the student's progress, some operational flying (pad landings, slinging etc.)"

i overlooked that the first time....SOME???

we get our students to the level that they do ALOT of pad landings at ACTUAL working pads (repeater sites ect.) AND to the point that they can go and do of those landings solo.

gee, they are going to teach you SOME real world stuff?

remember, once you leave the school it's ALL operational.

good luck!