Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Production Pilot

A good point - because a private pilot can have a professional attitude.

What does a professional in any trade do? Probably takes the trouble to find out everything possible about the profession. Plans properly for a margin of safety (or ignorance!)

There's lots more I'm sure

Phil

I think you meant to say per day.

Sort of; What I was meaning was that if you fly a total of 4.0 hours over the day with 4 groups, as long as each group gets at least 20,000 or more vertical feet of skiing in that day for "their" hour of flight time then you are in the good. Obviously over 20,000 ft. per group is better and probably means the guide has his/her shite together that day.

But yes, you are right, I didn't mean to imply that you could achieve 20,000 ft. for each group for each 1.0 hrs of flight time (or in other words 80,000 ft. of skiing in 1.0 flight hours).

So I think we are talking about the same thing???? I'm getting confused myself.

Ben