Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Montreal Gran Prix

Does anyone know what the arrangements are this year for heli ops during the F1 weekend in Montreal?

I've worked that weekend for the past few years, selling T-shirts :down:

I remember three years ago CHL seemed to have the run of the place. The next year anyone with a ship came in. And last year was almost dead because NavCan wasn't controlling the commings and goings on the island (or so is my understanding as to why it was so quiet).

In any case I'd like to know if some of you will be flying in since I'll probably be working in one of the kiosks near the rowing basin. Drop by and I'll make you a deal on a one-size-fits-none, $30 T-shirt. :up:

Didn't Sato's engine blow up in Monaco?

:elvis:  :shock:  :elvis:

Yes, I should have said "... engines don't seem to blow up as often with Button and Sato behind the wheel". Villeneuve had an aweful habit of blowing engines when he started losing the race, then badmouth the manufacturer (the people who fed him) afterwards.

Yes, I should have said "... engines don't seem to blow up as often with Button and Sato behind the wheel". Villeneuve had an aweful habit of blowing engines when he started losing the race, then badmouth the manufacturer (the people who fed him) afterwards.

Two engines in two weeks for Sato, plus a boneheaded attempt to pass Barrichello.

Maybe Jacques has been giving Him pointers.

:elvis: :boff: :elvis: