Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Who Would Recommend This Guy?

Hey guys,

Found this little tidbit on the TC website. :cop:

-----------------------------------------------

Ontario October 30, 2002

subsection 7.3 (1) of the Aeronautics Act

30 days licence suspension

A helicopter flight instructor had his licence suspended for 30 days for having made a false representation for the purpose of obtaining a Canadian aviation document. He claimed that his student had accumulated 40 hours of solo flight when the student had in fact never flown solo. :blink:

-----------------------------------------------

How many hours do you think someone should have to get their commercial license? Are the solo hours really as valuable anyhow? What school would allow this to happen?

Regards,

pl

I don't really know why TC requires 35 hours of solo time. Personally I think 20 hours solo would be more than enough flight time. Who here can say they taught themselves anything worthwhile during solo time in flight school. If anything the extra power (especially in a 22) gives you more room for error, which is arguably a good thing and a bad thing. Still conflicted on the issue I guess. Quick question on the same topic: How is it a TC examiner and pilot candiate both claim PIC time on a flight test? Two PICs don't make a right.

I would also have thought that padding your log book with 600 hours of flight time in six months when you were nowhere near a helicopter would be just as bad as logging 35 hours of unoffical solo time.....but hey, you don't need to fill out any forms once you have your licence!