And The Winner Is.......

Cosmo

Guest bag swinnger

It is pretty simple math and its just a simple business plan that is not uncommon in this industry.

Lets use a rate of $1000.00 hr for simplicity.

1.0 hr actual air time + 0.2 = 1.2 on the bill

1.0 hr actual - 0.2 in the log book = 0.8 in maintenance costs (short term)

This would be equivalent to the rate x 1.4 so now we could say we are around $1400.00 hr-ish

now factor in three hour mins for the day but only 1.5 hrs flown. are we making money yet?

Now lets keep our pilot and engineer of this machine a contractor so that we don't need to pay so much in overhead costs and benefits. As well we are going to chisel them at every opportunity for our financial gain.

Next we look at other cost cutting measures such as acquiring fuel that just happens to be conveniently lying around the countryside along our route. Or we can add xtra fuel or other hidden costs to the bill.

These and some other shrude practices will be hard to constantly juggle. So we will need to have a energetic, go getter personality type capable of overcoming or skirting any problems that this style of business would bring forth.

Apply these principles to the other areas of your business and soon you too can have what appears to be a success.

I am being conservative with the numbers here but you get the idea.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get the picture.

And here I thought that there might be non-profit organizations operating helicopter companies in Canada.

Turns out my pirate analogy was the most accurate.

Yar... I'll sink all yer ships so there's more treasure for me you skurvy bilge rats.

:shock:

If a B2 goes for $944 then a 206B3 should go for $350 right

I have decided to develop a brochure

Tips for owning a helicopter On the cheap

Hire Foreign Labour (those sillys work Visa's are not really neccessary)!!

Don't replace the parts only the pesky serial numbers!!

Don't dare do the morning sump check your wasting like $2.50 worth of fuel !!!

Keep your eyes open for cheap or free Ops gear (Sometimes fueling gear can be found for free)

Run an extension cord to the neighbours hanger for power ( they have lots and don't need it all)

Hire a pilot and engineer combination why have two people (such a waste) better yet if he were also the ops manager Chief pilot and DOM

Don't advertise your Fuel burn Rate Just bill it out at double B2 burns 230 liters per hour

Don't write it all in the book they add 20% just in case or get Magic blade boxes

Liability Only extra insurance is for lame ducks

Bad mouth your competition cause their "ripping people Off and we are "still making good money"

Disclaimer: This post in no way shape or form implies that any of the bidders have at any time or will in the future engage in this behavoir and I know nothing of the bidders equipment, condition, operation, or employees professionalissm and I assume that all involved are extremely professional and would never engage in this activity. * this is for humour only

Guest plumber
:shock:

If a B2 goes for $944 then a 206B3 should go for $350 right

I have decided to develop a brochure

Tips for owning a helicopter On the cheap

Hire Foreign Labour (those sillys work Visa's are not really neccessary)!!

Don't replace the parts only the pesky serial numbers!!

Don't dare do the morning sump check your wasting like $2.50 worth of fuel !!!

Keep your eyes open for cheap or free Ops gear (Sometimes fueling gear can be found for free)

Run an extension cord to the neighbours hanger for power ( they have lots and don't need it all)

Hire a pilot and engineer combination why have two people (such a waste) better yet if he were also the ops manager Chief pilot and DOM

Don't advertise your Fuel burn Rate Just bill it out at double B2 burns 230 liters per hour

Don't write it all in the book they add 20% just in case or get Magic blade boxes

Liability Only extra insurance is for lame ducks

Bad mouth your competition cause their "ripping people Off and we are "still making good money"

Disclaimer: This post in no way shape or form implies that any of the bidders have at any time or will in the future engage in this behavoir and I know nothing of the bidders equipment, condition, operation, or employees professionalissm and I assume that all involved are extremely professional and would never engage in this activity. * this is for humour only

I had a young friend do a check ride with one of the low bidders, maybe even the winner. Now were just splitting hairs

He did a ferry ride from Springbank too FSJ and when he got there was told to put 2 hrs in the log book.

I think some companies just catch better tail winds than others. I could be wronng though.

I had a young friend do a check ride with one of the low bidders, maybe even the winner. Now were just splitting hairs

He did a ferry ride from Springbank too FSJ and when he got there was told to put 2 hrs in the log book.

I think some companies just catch better tail winds than others. I could be wronng though.

Plumber, me Boy...git back to work ya lazy Irishman!

There's a potato famine don't ya know?

RTR