Is 35 Hours Solo Realistic

How should the TC requirment for solo time change  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Albert Ross,

I don't mean to move this discussion too far off track, but you made reference to a circling technique to get out of a confined area as being something to be taught to low-timers. I would rather see the load split and moved to an area that would allow a normal, fully-loaded take-off. Teaching safety and how to deal with pushy customers to new pilots is just as important as advanced flying.

No, I was not advocating that this should be taught to lowtimers! I was using it as an example of things that are taught to people but are not properly thought out, and which an "advanced basics" course would either bring into perspective or give people the information to figure out themselves why it is not such a good idea. The same as pulling lots of pitch on the R44 till the horn sounds, and then wondering why they lose fuel nozzles every 300 hours when those pilots move to 500s (I have no direct experience myself of that one - it was just another example someone gave me). A lot of short cuts given for one aspect of the industry are inappropriate for others

I plan to have plenty of role-playing with "pushy customers"

Phil