Canadian Coast Gaurd

Its all done online now. Go to the Transport Canada website and just search from there.....

Not much going on in the West at this time, not sure about the East coast.....

You have to be invited!

• 5 months later...

Its really pretty easy. I looked into it myself lately but I dont have the hours to qualify quite yet. The website is a bit of a pain to navigate through... I just got to it through google... The base in Prince Rupert is currently taking applications for one available position. Although I am faily new to the idustry I think the wages are amazing! The requirements are 3000hrs turbine time... 2000PIC. Plus long line and all the other usual stuff. Hope this helps.

Although I am faily new to the idustry I think the wages are amazing!

I think you'll find later in your career that the wages are far from amazing.

https://psjobs-emploisfp.psc-cfp.gc.ca/psrs...&psrsMode=1

Helicopter Pilot

Department Name: Department of Transport

Salary: $77,612 to $86,460

Closing Date: April 16, 2010 - 23:59, Pacific Time Useful Information

Reference Number: MOT10J-010256-000007

Selection Process Number: 10-MOT-EA-VAN-71555

Employment Tenure: Permanent full time. A pool of qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff similar term and/or permanent positions across Canada.

Vacancies: 1

Who Can Apply:

Useful Information

* Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.

Citizenship

Useful Information

Preference will be given to Canadian citizens. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit.

Language Proficiency

Useful Information

Applicants must demonstrate in their application that they meet the following merit criteria to be retained for further consideration.

English essential

Education

Useful Information

Successful completion of Secondary School education or acceptable combination of education and experience.

Experience

Minimum of 3000 hours on turbine Helicopters.

Minimum of 2000 hours of pilot-in-command in Helicopters.

Experience as pilot-in-command on multi-engine helicopters.

Significant and Recent experience in Vertical Reference and Slinging operations

Note: "Significant " will be evaluated in regard to amount and complexity of work performed. Clear and specific examples should be provided by candidates in their application.

"Recent" is defined as within the last 10 years (some of the vertical reference slinging experience must be within the last 10 years).

Other Merit Criteria and Conditions of Employment

* Secret Security Clearance.

Willing and able to spend up to 6 weeks, continuous, away from base aboard ship.

Willing and able to be tasked on short notice for trips of shorter duration away from base.

Willing and able to work overtime.

Statement of Merit Criteria

Applicants who meet the above criteria will also be assessed against the Statement of Merit Criteria for this position.

Challenge

This helicopter pilot position has a vital role as part of a team providing essential service to the Canadian Coast Guard (CCG). The successful candidate must be able to multi-task and prioritize in an operational environment ensuring 'safety comes first'. The individual must have excellent inter-personal skills, communicate effectively, recognizing the requirement to work as a member of a team to give out-standing client service.

Main duties of the pilot position is to support CCG through a variety of flying which includes shipboard.

Additional Requirements / Comments

* In addition to the base salary, employees occupying the AO-HPS-01 positions are eligible for an additional annual Aviation Aircrew Allowance (up to $5, 281) as well as an annual Extra Duty Allowance (up to $7, 480).

- Employees who are required to work overtime will be compensated for the extra hours worked at the appropriate overtime rate.

- Candidates may be interviewed and/or tested.

- Reference checks may be conducted.

- A pool may be established and may be used to staff similar term and/or permanent positions.