Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

As350 Cabin Floor Window

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now thats "cool" !!!

Hey you two, hijack some other thread. <_<

In the end, it all comes down to is what it costs to install the window as well as how long the aircraft will be down for.

My recommendation stands with going for the ECL install as the job won't effect the delivery time of your aircraft.

Seeing how slow things are there also could work to your advantage when negotiating for the aircraft.

How many times have you bought something in haste or on impulse only to regret it later. To use delivery time as the deciding factor in choosing a window is very short sited. The most important factor should be how much visibility there is of the load/hook and pilot comfort/fatigue. Less stress and strain on the pilot equals a fresher, sharper pilot that may in an extreme case save the aircraft from an incident which in turn could save the operator tens of thousands of dollars. In a round-about way that window could end up costing a small fortune if you go for a quick fix instead of doing your homework and installing the BEST one available.

I couldn't agree more with your point. The best window should be installed in all cases.

We could post here every STC available and ask which one is best, but all we will get is opinions. This is all I am offering, based of course, on the homework I have done. My point of cost and lead time is simply a bonus.

Cheers

So as a non pilot, I must ask...what is the definition of "best"? Is the biggest window by default the best?

Just curious

Oops, better be careful MMike......this could be misconstrued as another attempt to hijack the thread..... :rolleyes: