Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Work For Experienced Driver

After being without a medical for the past six months, Transport Canada has just given me the green light to go back to work! :D

Unfortunately, I am a little late to be looking for work as most companies have already got their summer plans in place. I usually do contract work over the summer months and wonder if anyone knows of companies in need of additional drivers for the next four months (or longer). I have a total of 5000 hours, about 3000 on 206s and about 2000 on 205s. I’ve spent the past six summers chasing fires across Canada with a 205. Also endorsed on Bell 212, Sikorsky 58T, and Hughes 500. I am from the BC interior. Any info, please feel free to PM me. I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks guys! B)

PIC

Anybody with information on Heli-Inter out of Malartic, Quebec? What are they like to work for, quality of maintenance, rotations, etc. I'd appreciate any insight...

I know they have a couple of 205s on contract in Ontario for MNR and another 205 working up at James Bay somewhere.

PIC.

......takin' away low-time pilot work eh??? The both of you should take a hard look at your practices. Next thing 407, you'll be paying a Quebec lawn mowing operator to ferry their Briggs cross-country to do the job for $11

(PIC, sorry, no job tips from me)

Got that message, Thanks. Good to hear from you.

Last weekend, We sold a 206 to a guy who lives over there , he may need a pilot, some road construction company, can't think of his name.

Re: Heli-Inter, you could follow your favorite 205 back there, plus you parlez the francais, non? so a perfect match !

For $175, I'll do my own lawn, geesh, just trying to help a guy out ... :D

With all the money you're making 407, you'd think that you could just keep a full-time mower employed at your service (along with your maid, housekeeper, chauffeur, etc.) :D

Are you going to retire soon?

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks have gone by since I started this topic. Thanks to everyone who sent me suggestions - even the lawn mowing offer from 407 D!

I'm out in Saskatchewan on a contract medium for a local operator. Not much going on out here but it's good to be employed again! It's cool and wet with highs hovering around 12 degrees C. Not too promising for fires for a while anyway.

Glad to see lots of machines finally out burning some jet fuel in BC after such a slow start. Keep it safe boys.

PIC.