Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Look What Dropped Into Yyc

There was a couple of British AH64's in YYC the other day. Unfortunately most of the guys were off having lunch, so we couldn't get a tour.

AH64yyc3.jpg

AH64yyc4.jpg

AH64yyc2.jpg

cheers

Take all of the mil stuff off, and it would be a great lifter. However the big growth under the cockpit severly limits downwards viz.

Cheers

It would be handy to keep the gun on it, I must admit. :D :up: If the load is a little heavy, just shoot pieces off of it until it lifts. :up:

I got to climb all over the beast in Texas. Great machine, but you're right there is no downward vis. The nightvision system is wierd too because as the pilot (in the backseat) you are staring through the PNVS system which is the big bulbous doo-hickey mounted right on the front of the fuselage. Therefore you end up flying the aircraft from the perspective that you are strapped to the nose about 10 feet forward and 4 feet lower than you really are. Lots of cool gadgets on it though.

Randy

I see you are back in Canada, I thought you were planning on staying down under. Let me know who you will be working for this year. I ended up not getting to meet you last year when you were in Kenora. I should be in CYHD or somewhere north this year. Hopefully our paths will cross this year!

PJ, I didn't get downunder this winter, but will be there for this Christmas. And we will be staying in the land of golden sand, warm ocean waters, and where the winter temps go all the way down to 15C. Don't know how I'll survive, perhaps I'll bring the old Snow Goose Parka with me. :D:D I guess we'll just have to find a way. :D

I'm not working this year, decided to take the summer off. It's quite nice actually being able to plan things.

Cheers

Randy

Congrats on taking the summer off. Only wish I could do that, but I guess I kinda am working for the OMNR....ha, ha. I myself am planning on going back to school for maintenance. Never know though, with the wet summer I may be a little short of cash. No more loans for me, not right now, I kinda like being debt free. Never know though, maybe I will land a job somewhere! I would love to get turning and burning. I guess I won't see you then this summer then. I'm sure our paths will cross.

PJ