Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

206 Down In Ft. Nelson?

Pitchlink,

although it might be nice to reduce the fleet of 20,000+ hour 2x6s!!! I always carry a lighter for just such an occasion! [thumbup.gif]

Why in the world would you want to do that?????

Don't you know the older the airframe usually means it's also lighter?!?? Sometimes much lighter!!!!!!

The age of a helicopter doesn't mean sh-t if the maintenance is done in accordance with manufacturer's specs.

I dare you to find a newer JetRanger under 1650 lbs or a newer Astar under 2700 lbs!!!!!

It's true that older A/C look and sometimes feel like crap but that's just a reflection of the owner!!

Jetbox,

I have to agree that a converted A model with the small dash is much lighter than a factory BIII. Although I've never considered the older aircraft to have maintenance issues I have seen quite a few that leave much to be desired in the paint and finish department. They don't all get overhauled as often as Highlands!

I have flown one of the recently crashed helicopters in recent years and she was a beauty inside the cowls but had 10+ year old paint and plenty of treeplanter dings on the outside!! The other one I believe was still in NMH colors! :shock:

Fly safe!! B)

Later,

pl