Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canadian Aviation Magazines

What is your favorite Canadian aviation magazine?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, since ASL is not even in the running, :hide: , I guess I'll go with my 2nd choice. IMHO, the magazine that best addresses the needs of real pilots is COPA Flight. Yes I know you may say it's G.A., but all in all, I like the content. All other magazines seem yo have the same look and feel. Vertical is OK and my buddy CTD likes it too, but it quite specialized, so not enough for ALL pilots. WINGs is OK but geared to businesses and government, not really pilots.

The magazine "Aviation Quebec", which also carries a section called "La Brousse". is also very high on my must read list, #2 to COPA Flight.

PM

ASL Editor

Downwash,

Actually my interest is in the fixed wing magazines in Canada. I wouldn't expect Vertical to fair as highly as it is on this site considering it is also big amongst the fixed wing community which has no idea what Vertical is. So, I guess I was wrong in adding Vertical and Helicopters to the poll. You'll have a better understanding why in the near future.

Thanks Mag Seal.

Actually, not sure if you have noticed, but every issue of Vertical rotates between a feature on maintenance by Gavin Miller (MPLAN Solutions) or a feature on avionics (Walter Shawlee - founder of NAT). The latest issue of Vertical features a story on Trouble Shooting: Being a Mechanical Detective.

Make sure you subscribe soon before the hots run out! :D

I am interested in what people think of the fixed wing magazines. Are they lacking in content? Are the covering the industry?

I'm kind of like Mag. When I'm done my 'chores' at home, I've barely time enough to look at the pictures, let alone read 'seized rotor' mags or articles. :wacko:

Like your name idea, 407. But like Mag, it brings me pictures of thick, soft mattresses rather than aerodynes of any persuasion. B)