Quasar Helicopters

old

A few month ago i saw photo of a 212 loaded with piece of wood like 6x6x12 pile in a the cabin from flor to roof front of the transmission box exiding each side almost 2ft.

I think it was during the beaufort exploration

Maybe you saw it!

I lost the link to this photo!

If you have it let me know

Guy

P.s:I think that it was the same site where we saw the 107 pulling the hovercraft sled

If it's the one I have then it is at Rae Point (Panarctic) I will try and find it an post it.

brings back memories of that s%$t hole...Sherrard Bay :P

Of the camps I was in, Rae Point was top of the S*** list. I remember being up there and the camp boss and his buddies were all drinking in his office and he came to the "rec" room, picked up the 16mm projector (pre Beta or Sat for you young guys) and thru it across the room declating that there woul no long be any movies in his camp. Wonderful.

On the other hand Gulf Swimming Point then Dome Tuk were my favourites. Beaudril Tuk was the newer camp and the camp boss had designed it with all the good points at ours without any of the bad.

Never stayed there unfortunately

Didn't Bell have to repo it from Inuvik or Tuk (unserviceable to boot) in the middle of winter when the payments got a little too far behind?

Vortex:

Actually Bell repo´d the aircraft at Quasar´s hangar in Abbotsford after they test flew and found it serviceable. In early 1985.

STQ was ferried back from Tuk in January of 1985 along with QHI (212) after the contract with Beudril finished.

Vortex:

Actually Bell repo´d the aircraft at Quasar´s hangar in Abbotsford after they test flew and found it serviceable. In early 1985.

Thanks for the correction sikorskyman. I can't remember where I had heard about the repo happening in the north. Not the first time my memory has needed to be re caged.

• 2 weeks later...

Gary Watson, my dad worked as a radio opperator for Panarctic out of Rae Point for most of my life. Must have been the late 60's early 70's until about 83. He missed the crew change when PAZ went down on final, he still talks about that till this day. I think the name of the site superintendant was Ed Bougiac. I remember my dad talking about him... a real piece of work that guy. I worked for Panarctic in 84 doing rig cleanups at Cisco and Skate, my first helicoper trip was on Oki PZK a 206 on contract with Panarctic... Please let there be another oil boom, I promise I won't piss this one away!

Thanks for the pictures brought back some good memories...