Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

KR2

I''ve been giving some serious consideration to building my own airplane. I''m looking for something that will cruise above 150mph, 2 seats, and low hp. I''m leaning toward wood construction because I have the tools and some ability with that medium. I''ve got zero metal work experience.

One design that has caught my attention is the KR2. Does anybody out there have experience building one? Any advice to offer, cost, degree of difficulty,etc? Or, does anyone know of another good performing wood airplane.

Thanks, Wilbur

Wilbur, you might want to contact the RAA Oshawa chapter and inquire about the KR2,one of the members finished one last summer. He did a great job on the plane and keeps it at YOO. The guy who built it knows a fair bit about the KR so he might be a wealth of information to you. Hope this helps!