Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilot Helmets

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Merit Apparel, they can't ship to Canada. Online thier pricing seems to be on par with Vector (who quoted me 2300 CAD), depends on exchange rates too. Generally the same options as Vector, Hush kit etc.... The Vector- David Clark Comm package seems better. Anyone bought one of these???? I sort of like them better than the Gentex but I haven't heard much about them!!!!

Bought mine with Helmet F/X (http://www.helmetfx.com/Aviation.htm) two years ago... excellent service and good price, if I remember: something around USD 1'500 for a LH150 with hush kit, CEP, Zeta liner and all "attenuating" options except ANR. I had a flexboom mounted on it but it didn't work propoerly and they changed it with bracket-mounted for free (just sent me the kit).

I bought my Gallet LH050 from Merrit apparel in 2007. They shipped it to me here in Canada, and it cost around $1500 Canadian with the zeta liner and Oregon Aero hush kit. If they can no longer ship to Canada, then something drastic must have changed in the last two years...

Best helmet I have ever owned. Especially if you longline. It is extremely light and the center of mass of the helmet is back towards the top of your head rather than your forehead which is very nice if your head is hanging out the window all day long.

Give them a call, they are very friendly and helpful over the phone and I'm betting they still ship to Canada. They never used to have the option to buy helmets straight off the website without calling so that might be why you don't see the option to ship up here.