Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilot Helmets

got my LH250 from Merrit. Its great but the comm isn't the best. Have a few friends that went through Vector. The david clark package is really nice. Vector is more money but you can generally have it the same day as you walk in. If you bring in your bucket that you got from Merrit they can switch out the comm to the david clark stuff for around 300 CAD. I was quoted that about 6 months ago though

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thans for the info!!! Merit tells me they aren't allowed to ship to Canada anymore, dealship only for the US.... sucks. I think Vector may work better just incase I ever need anything fixed. Plus I like the David Clark better. Not sure who to contact there, when I called think I talked to one of the Tech's there, he seemed Technical. hahahaha

Got mine from Vector over a year ago. Jody is great to deal with, fast shipping once they got the helmets and installed everything. I payed 2300 ( almost 2 years ago) including shipping all the way east. It was more than Merit but I was looking for the David Clark gear.

thans for the info!!! Merit tells me they aren't allowed to ship to Canada anymore, dealship only for the US.... sucks. I think Vector may work better just incase I ever need anything fixed. Plus I like the David Clark better. Not sure who to contact there, when I called think I talked to one of the Tech's there, he seemed Technical. hahahaha

One way to get US merchandise is to send it to places like "Montana Shipping" for example, you get it sent there (a us address) but you have to go pick it up yourself and bring it across. It is about 15 min south of the border, little road trip but somtimes is better than being gouged by Canada. I got a 250 from Merrit a good year ago...1500 bucks with dual visor.

One way to get US merchandise is to send it to places like "Montana Shipping" for example, you get it sent there (a us address) but you have to go pick it up yourself and bring it across. It is about 15 min south of the border, little road trip but somtimes is better than being gouged by Canada. I got a 250 from Merrit a good year ago...1500 bucks with dual visor.

As long as when you buy it in the US, declare it at the border, and don't go to a local shop to get it fixed or to ask for advice so you know which one to buy via mail-order, I suppose that would be one way of avoiding being, as you say, gouged by the local shop................

As long as when you buy it in the US, declare it at the border, and don't go to a local shop to get it fixed or to ask for advice so you know which one to buy via mail-order, I suppose that would be one way of avoiding being, as you say, gouged by the local shop................

I not saying the local shop is gouging...I don't know their current prices or Merrit's current prices....It is BEST to support canadian buineses, but when I bought my Helmet, I saved $1000 bucks by going to Merrit, and got excellent service. When I got my car...$46,000 in canada and $31,000 in the US, I ust say I felt ripped off in Canada, so the way I see it I was forced to go to the states

I not saying the local shop is gouging...I don't know their current prices or Merrit's current prices....It is BEST to support canadian buineses, but when I bought my Helmet, I saved $1000 bucks by going to Merrit, and got excellent service. When I got my car...$46,000 in canada and $31,000 in the US, I ust say I felt ripped off in Canada, so the way I see it I was forced to go to the states

(Counter ***** deleted)

GO RIDERS :) :) Happy Grey Cup

(now where are the watermelons :lol: )