Texan Hog Cull

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see what happens when Hunting season ends? we (hunters) look for non traditional venues to get our fix ;)

for anyone concerned about the recoil energy of a .308, they're welcome to try a few rounds through my 6lb 3oz mountain rifle in .308win. ;)

I'm going to go toss some of this years Mtn Goat brats on the BBQ and watch Skyline's 212 buzz around. best of both worlds :P

Jet B, you might be on to something. :)

Maybe... they wanted to use something with high capacity magazines. :shock:

Maybe... they wanted to shoot as many of them as quickly as possibly. :shock:

Maybe... they wanted something easier to handle from a moving heli on a moving target. :shock:

Maybe... if they are going to go on a one shot one kill hunt they should use something better. :shock:

Maybe... those are the guns they just like. :blink:

L3, chill dude, eat some granola and drink a margarita. :lol:

the Duke

Jet B, you might be on to something. :)

Maybe... they wanted to use something with high capacity magazines. :shock:

Maybe... they wanted to shoot as many of them as quickly as possibly. :shock:

Maybe... they wanted something easier to handle from a moving heli on a moving target. :shock:

Maybe... if they are going to go on a one shot one kill hunt they should use something better. :shock:

Maybe... those are the guns they just like. :blink:

L3, chill dude, eat some granola and drink a margarita. :lol:

the Duke

Without being rude, Iwas gonna tell the same...L3 man...chill..yes you can have the rest of that little something that you've been keeping for many years now. I thing its time for ya to use it and read back the hole taping of your's that saids "NOTHIN".

Without being rude, Iwas gonna tell the same...L3 man...chill..yes you can have the rest of that little something that you've been keeping for many years now. I thing its time for ya to use it and read back the hole taping of your's that saids "NOTHIN".

just once, I would like to read one of your posts that makes sense.

If my crap memory serves me correct the top sniper segment on the miliary channel where they shot from a moving helicopter was won by police snipers using "bolt guns" and the USCG uses a "bolt gun" sniper rifle for high speed boat intervention....so perhaps there is some merit in accuracy over rounds down.

Just a question on the M16, wasn't it designed to have the bullet wobble or tumble to cause more damage when using steel jackets?

If my crap memory serves me correct the top sniper segment on the miliary channel where they shot from a moving helicopter was won by police snipers using "bolt guns" and the USCG uses a "bolt gun" sniper rifle for high speed boat intervention....so perhaps there is some merit in accuracy over rounds down.

Just a question on the M16, wasn't it designed to have the bullet wobble or tumble to cause more damage when using steel jackets?

.... waiting for L3 to reply because he or she is the expert..... :rolleyes:

I was not going to respond to your post but a night of sleep has helped give me some clarity as i was having a hard time seeing what your point was. Shall i analyze your words?

First, "Maybe... they wanted to use something with high capacity magazines." Are you saying that 5.56 is the only rifle caliber that comes with a large magazine?

Second, "Maybe... they wanted to shoot as many of them as quickly as possibly." Are you saying that the only rifle that has a high cycle rate is a 5.56? For your information the AR-15 when in semi-auto mode is not limited by cycle rate but by how fast someone can pull the trigger and change magazines. The same can be said for other calibers as well and both the AK-47 and the AR-15 come in a 7.62. It is not humanly possible to pull the trigger faster than it can cycle.

Third, "Maybe... they wanted something easier to handle from a moving heli on a moving target." So are you saying that you don't think it's important to ensure that it is a clean hunt? That the first consideration is the comfort and ease of the hunter and who cares if some of the animals get away wounded? (i had already made the point about the "convienence factor" in a previous post)

Fourth, "Maybe... if they are going to go on a one shot one kill hunt they should use something better." I'm not sure what to say about this one, i guess it speaks for it's self (and you) well enough.

Fifth, "Maybe... those are the guns they just like." Nothing to say about this one either, perhaps read the comment above again.

As for "chillin' out dude", first of all you can spare me the "gangsta' rap" talk or is it "skateboard park"? Chillin' out is the one big problem with people, don't stand up for what's right, condone something that's obviously wrong either by vocally supporting it or with your silence. I honestly don't know which kind of person i hold in lower regard. As for drinking a margarita i would have to say no thanks though i understand the implication. Think before you speak, or you just might wind up looking like a fool.

Cheers

L3

And the award for the most annoying poster goes to...