Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Texan Hog Cull

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At no point did I EVER condone the manner in which the Texas hog cull in the initial post was carried out. I threw no punches in my first post, even tried a wee bit of humor (should've known better!); in fact, I deliberately tempered what I said to avoid condescension and confrontation from those I know to be condescending and confrontational. As is typical for this forum of late, it didn't work. Don't want, need or expect an apology, L3, thank you anyway.

There's no arguing that the hogs are a problem, funny that we did it to ourselves don't you think? To bad for the hogs though........ Sorry HB but i am in the shoot them camp though with an appropriate caliber and only because there is just not a viable alternative. You can't round them up like cattle, it's just a different sort of animal completely. It would be nice though to do it humanly i agree 100% with your post on that score

TQN, i don't think anyone is saying that having all these hogs running around is a good thing. What do you think? That spouting a bunch of statistics makes doing away with them in any way at all right. You are twisting things around to suit your own agenda. What do you think, we are only protesting the way the kill is being handled because it is not in "our back yard"? What a weak attempt to deflect the argument and make someone who stands up for an animal that can't speak for its self the villain.

I wanted to add a rider to the apology i gave you a while back. I reread both your post and my response and upon reflection i will stand by what i said and felt initially but will leave the ball in your court so to speak and i will say this to you: I will give you as much or as LITTLE of an apology as YOU DESERVE. To me it seemed rather obvious what you were saying but i will leave it to your conscience to accept my apology if your intent was not malicious.

No need to apologize, L3. I hear your points. They are straight forward, flat out comprehendible and easily dialog/debatable. Furthermore, they don't have a three hour marching band parade of distracting hoopla.

Okay, I can see your point. I can see the amount of hogs as being a man made problem, and it's a big one. However, I stand that we, the long pig, are no different: ferral animals wreaking havoc on the earth. Gobbling up whatever we can get our snouts on. Ironic, I'd say. And beautifully metaphorical.

So now, what shall we do about this issue? Take helicopters and shoot out areas of people? Of course not. So naturally I question our doing this to a species so close to our own. A species that we can actually take (and have taken) and successfully transplant organs from. From their bodies to ours. Naturally, I'm thinking, shyte man, there's a whole lot of perfectly good donors getting smashed apart for nothing. How perfectly ridiculous.

Sling: porc shops... what on earth would a person having a really bad day do without Vertical.

Personally, I find pork too rich and fatty. I prefer a very lean, healthy diet. So the answer is no. However, the love of my life loves pork, and eats it often. To each their own.

No need to apologize, L3. I hear your points. They are straight forward, flat out comprehendible and easily dialog/debatable. Furthermore, they don't have a three hour marching band parade of distracting hoopla, bs, or ignorant narcissistic under (or over) tones that so often seems to be some kind of fashionable cancerous plague that inflicts many.

Okay, I can see your point. I can see the amount of hogs as being a man made problem, and it's a big one. However, I stand that we, the long pig, are no different: ferral animals wreaking havoc on the earth. Gobbling up whatever we can get our snouts on. Ironic, I'd say. And beautifully metaphorical.

So now, what shall we do about this issue? Take helicopters and shoot out areas of people? Of course not. So naturally I question our doing this to a species so close to our own. A species that we can actually take (and have taken) and successfully transplant organs from. From their bodies to ours. Naturally, I'm thinking, shyte man, there's a whole lot of perfectly good donors getting smashed apart for nothing. How perfectly ridiculous.

Sling: porc shops... what on earth would a person having a really bad day do without Vertical.

Personally, I find pork too rich and fatty. I prefer a very lean, healthy diet. So the answer is no. However, the love of my life loves pork, and eats it often. To each their own.

Okay okay, last one from me.....for your info HB, porc is the leanest meat you can find after horses meet.

How about a good horse steak??? :lol::lol::P

Furthermore, they don't have a three hour marching band parade of distracting hoopla, bs, or ignorant narcissistic under (or over) tones that so often seems to be some kind of fashionable cancerous plague that inflicts many.

It's a shame you edited your original insult; shows true colors.

L3, after reading all this dribble, I don't even know what your original point was. Can you dumb it down for me? :D (That was a joke; I'm done here.)