Amo Going Rate

RTR

So, whats the going rate for all the 3rd party work from the AMO's out there nowadays?

Not talking about specialized work, lets keep it pure and simple.

Or better yet, most 3rd party work in non specialized AMO's caters to private operators...how much are they willing to pay nowadays?

Aye, there's the rub.

better horde yer potato's.

RTR

$90/h seems to be what most places are charging but I've recently heard that one AMO is charging $70/h

DR

So, whats the going rate for all the 3rd party work from the AMO's out there nowadays?

Not talking about specialized work, lets keep it pure and simple.

Or better yet, most 3rd party work in non specialized AMO's caters to private operators...how much are they willing to pay nowadays?

Aye, there's the rub.

better horde yer potato's.

RTR

Yeah 70 does seem pretty low.

Some of the specialized mtc shops are getting up to 100-110 an hour.

The problem with higher rates for nonspecialized work is the customer base. It's cheaper to start an amo if you are a small commercial operator and private customers generally don't want to spend much for the work.

Like I said, 3rd party work in the helicopters industry for nonspecialized maintenance can be a tough sell at the best of times and rarely leaves the AMO or the customer happy when it comes time to pay the bill.

Just my humble opinion

RTR

Our wages in Kelowna are actually quite good, partially because we are also a profitable airline. AMO's that rely on third party maintenance pay less and have a revolving door. AMO's in the States are worse paying as low as 8/hr up to maybe 22/hr for maintenance staff. I was offered a contract down south last year for less than we pay our apprentices...sad :o