Passing Of Rob Lamont

It is with great sadness that I pass on this notice about the loss of a close friend , Rob was a long time helicopter pilot here at the MNR and previously with Huisson aviation both in Timmins Ontario.

It is with regret that I announce the passing of Rob Lamont long serving Aviation Services staff member, former Rotary Wing Pilot, Safety Officer and Flight Coordinator.

During Rob’s twenty plus years of service he contributed as a Rotary Wing Pilot to the delivery of the MNR’s public safety mandate to the Forest Fire Program and the ministry resource management mandate with service to the Wildlife Programs.

Rob will be missed by family, friends and colleagues.

Details of memorial service will follow.

post-5110-1260998758_thumb.jpg

• 10 years later...

I worked with Rob as an Engineer in summer 1981 on Ontario Forest Fires (before I went back to school). We spent about a week at Minaki Lodge while fighting local fires. That was a sweet gig because most of my time in aviation was in a tent in NWT or Saskatchewan (or the Arctic). 

Sorry to hear he passed away so young. I also worked for Huisson Aviation and Lakeland Helicopters (part of Lakeland Airways , Bob Gareh I think ??). Richard Armstrong 

6 hours ago, Richard A said:

I worked with Rob as an Engineer in summer 1981 on Ontario Forest Fires (before I went back to school). We spent about a week at Minaki Lodge while fighting local fires. That was a sweet gig because most of my time in aviation was in a tent in NWT or Saskatchewan (or the Arctic). 

Sorry to hear he passed away so young. I also worked for Huisson Aviation and Lakeland Helicopters (part of Lakeland Airways , Bob Gareh I think ??). Richard Armstrong 

Rich, when did you work for Lakeland?  I worked for them as well in the early 80's.  Bob Garah was a decent guy, but the strings were pulled by Don Plaunt by the time I came on board.  We went from 3 helicopters to about 23 in 1983 or 4.......then it all hit the fan,  I went through flight school with Craig Huisson as well.  Sorry to take away from the loss of a colleague here.  RIP Rob.