Canadian Helo License

well here is my 2 cents ,

I lost my job to a kiwi after I trained him and he learned winter driving , what to buy for winter clothing , how to drive in the winter , winter vehicle operations , ect , ect , 1000 hour and never filled out of a drum before , or landed in a swamp , ect ,, winter flying , fall flying , low vis under 3 miles , after he came back ,lol after getting almost to destination 2 h/12 hrs round trip ,hum guess the company just bought an other few hours of non rev training lol,

also calling me after I had been laid off and he was still working to ask about whiteouts and snow landings ,ect cuz he was not comfortable and was out at a camp job , says he almost killed himself and pax a couple times , what should he be doing , well let me tell you , what I said , was GO HOME , ! call your boss and tell him and tell your customer so that you dont kill them and the company loose that contract . I guess you get what you pay for in the end. cheap unskilled labour , hope it all works out in the end . I really dont want to see anyone hurt , just ,go home and let the people that were born here , lived here and have families to support , get the work first , , we dont get to go there as easy , and all this knowing they are just here to get experience to go home to get a better job ,

I know I am not the only one out there , I have spoke to many other pliots and operators about this , anyone else get screwed ...???????????????????????/

I have a hard time with this. :huh:

An association (HEPAC), was offered to "all', of the Canadian helicopter industry to help assist and secure employment.....for Canadians!

Offers of training, mentoring, financial assistance, dental, medical, and life insurance, was met with sarcasism, critisicm, and general lack of interest and ridicule.

I guess what this says........the strong will survive.

This industry has no borders.

The weak will be trampled !

Sad to think, that something that has the potential for so much promise, is cast aside by the selfish! <_<

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it every winter or fall in Canada a thread starts on here complaining about foreign workers taking jobs from Canadians? This thread was a simple question that not once mentioned work or obtaining work.

Let it go!

Right now there are many Canadians flying Australian registered machines in Australia on fires and they are welcome to come and fly without and forum threads starting up on there local online site 'bladeslapper' crying about aussies not having a job flying and foreign workers taking them away.

I noticed no complaints over the summer about foreign workers flying in canada.

If you don't have flying job now or one to go to in the spring take a long hard look at your self and I am sure you will figure out why!

OB.

Well I guess HEPAC would save all. I seem to remember that HEPAC had no position on the foreign worker position. Un fortunately the mentoring program and the benefits failed also. I was a paid up member.There were some good peaple with some good ideas but unfortunately it has seemed to go no where.

My position is fill the positions with qualified Canadian personal first.with that said don,t stand around complaining get your resumes out and make calls.If you are qualified and willing to goto work anywhere (and I repeat Anywhere)you will find work.Use a positive attitude and try and you will succeed.

Oh and by the way I have been in this industry for 18 years and I am currently out of work.I am sending resumes and making phone calls looking for work. But when things slowed down I went to work doing something else to pay the bills until the spring hiring starts.

Anything is possible with the right leadership! Unfortunately even at the Hepac level the person or persons who should have been the drivers where Axed or just ignored! :rolleyes: How typical!

FYI- Very hard top land a spot in Oz or Kiwi land these days even with 5000hrs and a ATPL! They protect thier workers far more agressively through policy than the Canadian government does.

Write you MP and complain. Write HEPAC and complian! Maybe they will listen!

P5

Anything is possible with the right leadership! Unfortunately even at the Hepac level the person or persons who should have been the drivers where Axed or just ignored! :rolleyes: How typical!

FYI- Very hard top land a spot in Oz or Kiwi land these days even with 5000hrs and a ATPL! They protect thier workers far more agressively through policy than the Canadian government does.

Write you MP and complain. Write HEPAC and complian! Maybe they will listen!

P5

We need Don to give away everything he got, and rebuild the once HEPAC that had crashed.

We need someone who will give his life(or whats left of it) to really built the damned thing and make it work.

You can't ask a pilot or anybody else who has a job full time, to do another job full time.

HEPAC need surrounded mentored business man, full time .

RIGHT ?

I have a hard time with this. :huh:

An association (HEPAC), was offered to "all', of the Canadian helicopter industry to help assist and secure employment.....for Canadians!

Offers of training, mentoring, financial assistance, dental, medical, and life insurance, was met with sarcasism, critisicm, and general lack of interest and ridicule.

I guess what this says........the strong will survive.

This industry has no borders.

The weak will be trampled !

Sad to think, that something that has the potential for so much promise, is cast aside by the selfish! <_<

Wow! Hard to think that with this mentality you would get support from any Canadian in this industry.

Shoe on the other foot might stop moronic comments like this, OLD and Old Bulls.