Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Can't Wait To Start!

Ryan

As the start date for my training draws near, I get more and more excited every day. It's still over two months away, but it's two months too many.

I was down at the school a few weeks ago talking a fella still working on his license. He told me some great stories of learning to fly helicopters, and some of the sites there are to see while doing it. Said every day students come in from solo flights saying, " I found this beautifull waterfall here, and a nice valley over there...." Even finding some 'grow-ops' isn't too hard. Also, he told me about something over on Saltspring Island called the Redneck Highchair. Anyone here every seen it? Guess it's some old love seat that's been dragged up a tree and tied on facing the sunset.

Anyways, just wanted to share my excitement. Anyone else starting their training this year?

• 1 month later...

What!? I can't be the only member going off to training this year. Soon I'll actually be able to have a wee bit of input on threads instead of the same old questions. But then I'll probably have even more questions when I finish my training!

Anyways, got my spiffy new HGU-56 delivered today. What a beauty. Was happy my big fat head fit in the thing! Sure has great build quality too, and the ANR will be worth the extra $$ if it does it's job and saves my hearing. But then the ear seals are so well made I couldn't hear my wife talking to me. Hmmm, maybe I'll wear it when I'm not flying too. :rolleyes:

hey did i hear FREE !!!!!!!!!

what ,when ,were ????????????? <_<

as for getting started ....well i'm some what new at this as well ,just got my cpl-h last september and talk about excitement i just got back from a cross country trip with a brand new 300 CBI ..... :up: :up: from schweizer plant to abbotsford B.C. B) now that's what i call fun .........

salut !!

• 2 weeks later...