Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

C'mon Fires!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short leash -- maybe, but NEVER the dreaded short line. :shock:

Fear not you Fearless Flat Land Fire Fighters , For I won't be stealing your Fires, I'M not endorsed on level ground Ops :D

T-Wrecks, I hate to burst the bubble there, but those Flames got extinguished weeks ago in Tampa Bay !

There should be a total of 4 Ontario CL 415s lending a hand in BC. Its not like Ontario is going to need them....its quite wet around here. Funny how Campbells machine left for home the other day! Hey if any of you boys need a hand with those fires and are looking for someone to load and unload the mediums or give them a bath and greasing at the end of the day, send me a pm....would love to be part of the action! Be safe and have fun!! :up: B)

DW, to be honest, when i saw you posted i was hoping you had some info.....

i heard a 214 then someone said a campbell 212 so nothing solid....

only thing that seems to be for sure is tundra burned one up(212) while hot refueling. THAT's gonna change some rules me thinks..................

anyone????

Campbell 212 in the lake (or out of lake by now). Russian hitch-hiker I think.

Tundra ship was reportedly shut-down at time of their incident. Hot-refuelling has never been intrinsically hazardous - but then again neither has any kind of refuelling if the appropriate precautions are in place and followed.

Time will recount the events leading to this occurence.

Happy to see that no-one was hurt.

Stay safe.