C'mon Fires!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the strangest fire gig i've ever been on. Sitting in Edmonton on mins, downtown. :up:

Bush flying at it's best.

I think that the ship is off to B.C. tomorrow. Fun while it lasted.

4961, or should we say 11,200, hows the new ride, since you've now tried a real metal helicopter, are you ever going back to that little plastic one ?? :P

and Before you leave the Muni, Can I hire you to drop a bucket of $&!^ on hangar 40 ? :D:D

We were chasing smokes in the hills today, shame the crews still need snow shovels to fight the spots though :shock: :blink:

407 D, you're dating yourself again! Surely you know Blatchford Field is now the 'City Center Airport' which, by the way, is the site of my first trip in the air (in my mother's womb while on her first trip - in an intinerant Tiger Moth). :o

She's 'hair straight back' up here gang. We've got 10 of our ships on with the MOF this morning. The Kenney Lake and Finger Lake fires south of Vanderhoof total more than 6,000 Ha by now. That bug kill sure does burn. B)

Thanks for the warning Bandaid. I'll lock away the Sheep and other small furry animals. Drop by the base and partake of our great selection of free beers, and free verbal abuse.

I haven't seen Dr Death for a while, but will advise him if we attend any official functions together in the next few days.

Does Tundra have another 212 to replace the damaged one for their Rap contract? Or will they have to lease one for the rest of the season to fulfill their contract?

As for the medium in the water, I heard that it was a Campbell 212 that had its tail rotor strike the water while bucketing (near Lillooet I think). As far as I know, the pilot is ok but the machine might be a write-off. What a drag - when it's finally just getting busy.

All this talk of fires as got me thinking of last years fun. I linked a few picks from around the Kamloops area.

Fly safe guys - the fire will be there tomorrow!

Later, B)

pl

A little Initial Attack before bed time. This is it at 15ha it stopped around 9,000ha.

2003-08-15827.JPG

Not a cloud in the sky - that's all smoke!!

2003-08-16868.JPG

Landing in Kamloops on a smoky evening!!

2003-08-20937.JPG