Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Gsh & The Nwt Government Loan

You may want to learn to read. If you look back at my previous post's they refer to DA having the loan and moving their head office to Yellowknife. DA is GSH or at least thats how all the stock holders see it.

Well there ya go. After rereading your earlier post you did mention DA, GNWT, smoke and mirrors and not moving to YK. My mistake. After rereading a later post you clearly stated GSHL had not moved head office to YK. Which I responded to.

DA is GSH or at least thats how all the stock holders see it. I would think the shareholders would view DA as being Air Tindi, DMS, Hicks and Lawrence, Top Aces, etc etc. Not just GSH. There is a lot more pieces of the pie than GSH.

BTW, I'm not trying to get into any kind of p*ssing match here.

Cheers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also not wanting to ge into a pi$$ing match.

Yes DA is more then GSH.

Look i didn't make the deal i only read about it. Hopefully the DA group doesn't take this stand with wages and leases etc. They could go down the road f ya i did tell you i would pay you X but i changed my mind now be happy you have a job. They obviously don't want to stand behind what they told the N.T tax payers they would do.

As far as paying N.T tax when you work in the N.T everyone is suppose to pay this to the GNWT if they work in the N.T not just DA.

I will now leave this alone as some just don't care as long as their check goes in the bank.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are interested about the D.A. head office move here are a few key points from a recent media release.

"Staff members at Discovery Air Inc. are anxiously making the final preparations for the transfer of the company’s corporate office to Yellowknife from London, Ont."

"Contractors are onsite making final improvements to the building, which is located at 124 Bristol Drive near the Yellowknife Airport, and invitations will be sent out soon to more than 120 guests for an official grand opening ceremony on March 2. The building will house 10 to 12 corporate administration workers once complete."

I hope this answers some questions you all may have about the situation.

For those who are interested about the D.A. head office move here are a few key points from a recent media release.

"Staff members at Discovery Air Inc. are anxiously making the final preparations for the transfer of the company’s corporate office to Yellowknife from London, Ont."

"Contractors are onsite making final improvements to the building, which is located at 124 Bristol Drive near the Yellowknife Airport, and invitations will be sent out soon to more than 120 guests for an official grand opening ceremony on March 2. The building will house 10 to 12 corporate administration workers once complete."

I hope this answers some questions you all may have about the situation.

Be interesting to see if ALL of the head office personal move to this office and move their family's to Yellowknife. Good thing the GNWT moved faster processing the loan then DA did moving their office. Not like there is a lack of office space or contractors in Yellowknife.

Is 124 Bristol drive the building that DA/ Air Tindi built and completed almost 1 year ago that sat empty and For SALE or Lease for the last year.

I Don´t work for GSH anymore, but have nothing but great things to say about that company, the people there and the equipment is great, It would be a sad day to see GSH not work, there are a lot of other companies that desireve belly up then GSH.

I second that. Even though i keep asking or pushing if DA is following the conditions of the GNWT loan. This has nothing to do with GSH be a good company and would be a shame to see it fall. I just believe a commitment is a commitment and all should be treated equal.

Behind every company large or small, there employee's you may know, like or hate, but behind those employee's there are families that rely on incomes to support their families. Why would one wish harm upon people just like you and me "if that company collapses" to all those families that rely on that income.

Behind every company large or small, there employee's you may know, like or hate, but behind those employee's there are families that rely on incomes to support their families. Why would one wish harm upon people just like you and me "if that company collapses" to all those families that rely on that income.

I hope i have not left people on this site with the impression that i would like to see GSH fall as that is NOT the case. I do not wish to see any company fall as there are employees or people whom depend on an income.

Remarks about GNWT lending money at rates less than a bank would is missing the point that it is not the Government's money. They are not a bank, it is our money.

An arrangement was made that seemed to those involved like a way to keep jobs going and assist a company that has made a great deal of money for the economy of the NWT, and all of Canada in taxes, housing, groc stores, hardware, the poor, poor oil and gas companies, and most of all for the pubs in YK.

I wonder if they are given preference in government tenders because of this. Perhaps the point of it all is that, should large companies be able to leverage as a bank would, day to day capital to borrow unsecured funds, to purchase and expand into markets like a vampire.

When Dracula at the top of his tower in Pennsylvania, (yes, he moved, terrible vampire problem down there now, has an office on Wall Street, but doesn't have the same ring) has a bad day in the markets, he's going to liquidate and bail.

If GSH had been looked at before DA bought it, by auditor general or equivalent, and they said, hey, if this or that commodity drops 10%, your cash flow will not cover the loans you are carrying across the board, how will you make your payments?

And Dracula says, well, we'll suck the blood out of GSH, Alpine, sell Panorama, sell these aircraft and close this hotel/manufacturing plant, get rid of this well run company that has until now created stability in this town for these people that without our involvement would have remained a stable business, but who cares about them, we'll eat their lives and get back on the yacht, who cares?

I still have the 200 million I didn't have to pay in taxes when I sold all my lumber mills in Quebec or wherever hidden in Switzerland, so if this game I am playing doesn't work out, I win anyway.

Shouldn't the auditor say, uh, there's something wrong here.

Yes yes, I know I am jumping around.

Who cares if GSH hasn't moved their school yet? I expect them to be as responsible as they can in their role as shepard for their employees.