Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

92 Gearbox

Glad everything went well and all are ok ;)

Detail Information

User Name: MacQuarrie, Jack

Date: 2010-01-04

Further Action Required: Yes

O.P.I.: Maintenance & Manufacturing

Narrative: CHI 71, Sikorsky S92A, enroute from the Raven Gorilla 3 platform to Halifax (CYHZ), 20 miles southeast of Halifax declared a PAN PAN PAN emergency due to a main gearbox chip indicator warning. Crash Fire Rescue and the duty manager were advised. The aircraft landed uneventfully on Runway 32 at 13:35Z. TSB Case Closed.

User Name: MacQuarrie, Jack

Date: 2010-01-04

Further Action Required: No

O.P.I.: Maintenance & Manufacturing

Narrative: UPDATE TSB: Significant amounts of metal fragments were found in the gearbox.. The gearbox will be replaced before the aircraft returns to service.

We used to call the 350D the "Death Star" and the 206 the "Death Ranger" and after the 206L trunion (SP) failure (which I witnessed and helped pull the survivors from the aircraft) the "Lots of Danger Ranger". We all remember the "Killer Hilller".

How did we live through it all?

We used to call the 350D the "Death Star" and the 206 the "Death Ranger" and after the 206L trunion (SP) failure (which I witnessed and helped pull the survivors from the aircraft) the "Lots of Danger Ranger". We all remember the "Killer Hilller".

How did we live through it all?

Great Engineers

You will, I trust, be posting at all times, when a B 47, 204, 205, 206, 222, 407, R22, R44, EC 255, 350, 355, S 76, 61, 64, H500 ect ect ect has a chip light and the crew follows the check list?

I think the fact they changed the gearbox is a little more then a chip light. As I said, glad everyone is ok. Just posted it out of interest's sake.

But we can stop discussing helicopter stuff.......I'll let everyone get back to the hog thread and continue to argue animal rights and ammo sizes ;) That's on page 11...

Anyone remember the "allison hand-granade"?

hehe,

There are names for everything.

I'm just happy it was not me sweating for however long it took, until they got back to the airfield.

I had a tranny chip come on 2 sumemrs ago, and that was a few moments of sweat, before we landed safely. No danger, just the "oh ####" light...

Cheers

H.