How Short Is Too Short?

Hey I once had a short 204 Driver with problems reaching the pedals except with very tips of toes. I clamped on two 4x4 blocks of wood complete with Bell Huey marked on them. Once he got over the attempt at humor he did just fine! Of course a "minor mod" like that didn't require a log entry back in '80...right? :D He carried ballast wherever he went too.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m 5 foot 2 ish (at least that’s what I tell people). I hold a commercial license and could reach everything just fine with a small cushion in the 22 and 44.

Obviously you can be too short to fly but I'm just wondering how short is too short?

How tall is the shortest pilot you've seen? Or know of?

Relax, I've trained folks your size on 205/206/212, 61 & 76. You'll do just fine.

Thanks guys! :) I'm pretty confident with my height.Just as FREDDIE said, with a little prior planning I'm sure I could fly anything comfortably.

I'm actually wondering for other people even shorter then myself!

Say, someone 5 foot on the nose.

I know the weight thing is an issue but it's something easily solved with ballast.

Do you think there should be Minimum height to fly, just as there is a minimum weight?

At Northern Mountain we had a guy who was about your height he flew 205. His name is Daniel Serous (Check spelling on that one) from Monteal.Don't worry to much about your height just plan ahead.

Sirois his name was

JD