Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Intrawest / Fortress

I have a **** of an idea. Lets all buy the company!!! Every pilot and engineer send me $1 and We will put in a bid. Whoever sends me the first dollar gets to pick thier position in the company. Ready Set Go!!

Oh please let this work I really need the money after sitting around all winter

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, you learn something new everyday, as they say.

I must have forgotten that Alpine had been assimulated, sorry!

I hope that Alpine manages to navigate this mess with their usual aplomb, and it all works out for everyone over there!

This has nothing to do about speaking badly of them. They are a well run operation, with great folks all across the board, that makes money. If you need to support the loan doesn't that make them an asset worth selling? That is pretty much out of the control of the management at Alpine. The other question is then, who could buy them? The comment about colors on the machines was a bit of a lark, but if we look at the industry in Canada and Fortress needs to move them, who is in the best position to buy it? Finally just because they are sold doesn't mean that anything at Alpine has to change. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have a **** of an idea. Lets all buy the company!!! Every pilot and engineer send me $1 and We will put in a bid. Whoever sends me the first dollar gets to pick thier position in the company. Ready Set Go!!

Oh please let this work I really need the money after sitting around all winter

1$ coming your way!!!!!! I want to be a junior pilot!!!!! I'll invest the dollor so long as you spend the next 30 years paying it back to me!!!!!!

So, Alpine and CMH's assets were transferred into a US trust fund years back, so they do not even belong with the so called Fortress Flop.... Now you know!

Interesting but perhaps unfounded claim there, my friend.

From the Canadian Mountain Helicopters web-site:

http://www.canadianmountainholidays.com/about/info

CMH is owned by CMH–Alpine, part of the Fortress Investment Group.

1$ coming your way!!!!!! I want to be a junior pilot!!!!! I'll invest the dollor so long as you spend the next 30 years paying it back to me!!!!!!

I want to be the guy with the big office and drop dead good looking secretary -

You know the one I mean - no one can figure out what he does - except he spends a lot of time travelling to conferences in exotic locals to meet others of his kind. I've seen them at a lot of companies and am sure Alpine would need one. B)

Seriously - hope they do OK - they are a really good and respected group of folks and have been for a very long time!