Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

So The Word Out Now Is Gemini Sold?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not feel that I have to justify what we do for what reasons and I will not get in a p*ssing contest on here with anyone, what I will say is that I would put my wife and kids (and I have) in any of our aircraft with any of our pilots. If there is ever a maintenance concern with our helicopters the aircraft is parked until it is resolved!!!!

Chopperman, you can get your wife in a helicopter? **** your way ahead of me, I got mine into one, we got to the part where we hover she was sooooooo scared, told me she was going to pee her pants, and I tried not to laugh, but then she puked! I tried, flying isn't for anyone! (kids love it though)

[Deleted by Moderator]

The "cheap maintenance" that caused the compressor failure was most likely from the procurement dept. of the company who actually owned the a/c. Remember that was a leased machine. Gemini most likely had nothing to do with the financial arrangement of the engine that went in. Chopperman can correct me if I'm wrong. Btw, I was in F.V.H.'s hangar on that sad day for Ben's service too.

its still bulls**t ,any way you look at it , come on the going rate is $3200 /hour and they bid $2100 , come on , maybe 2700 or something close , but then again I guess I never saw the bid results for all the other companies , can someone post em up here, I suppose guardian went $945 for his 205 lol ,

oh by the way anyone hear is he still sitting in the dom repub or where ever ? awaiting to get into haiti lol lol , supposedly spent $250k on getting 3 heli down ther by renting a hurc, no doubt his buddy marchenski set that up for him hook line and sinker ,

this industry is becoming a joke , I am glad I dont have to relie on it to live on . it was so very good just 4 years ago , now theres way too much bull and back stabbing , neck cutting , going on ,

you know a guy might just as well go sell used cars , or run for politics as to be in this business anymore and get caught up in the middle ,

$3200 may be a reasonable short term contract rate for a 212 but to suggest it as a going rate for a long term 205 contract is rediculous. Of course anyone would like get it in this or any other economy, and it is low, but certainly should pay the expenses without cutting too close to the bone, and in these times, that may be all that can be hoped for.

Beltdrive, I take great offence at the insinuation that Ben's accident was caused by a lack of maintenance on our part. The other maintenance engineers that worked with me to install that engine will also be deeply offended by such an ignorant remark. I was the one who certified the engine installation in that helicopter and I can tell you that my life has never been the same since.

I can also say that the leasing company that owned the helicopter has always had safety and professionalism as their top priority.

I just can't sit here and have my name and reputation and also that of my partners & friends be dragged in the mud by an anonymous coward. Your comment is completely false and certainly libelous. If you're going to attack me and my company, grow yourself some balls and sign your name to your posts. Otherwise, shut the **** up!

We have watched this thread silently in amusement but this clearly goes over the line.

Beltdrive, you're not the only one that lost a friend that day. That's all I'm going to say about that!

Christian Dallaire

Director of Maintenance

Gemini Helicopters

thank you for that response, christian... i, too, have been keeping my mouth/fingers shut as the big bad mod, but enough is enough...

the juvenile little insignificant souls who continue to think that they can just stir the pot and libel and slag and generally have no regard for anyone else, should think very seriously about what they type...

anymore crap like this and this topic will be closed...

:angry: <_<