Long Lining Snow?

DGP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess it's safe to say that this was NOT the worst olympics ever?

While I don't feel any differently about their "importance", Canada definitley put on a good show for everyone.

At the least the middle of the podium was owned!

I accept whatever words of mine I need to eat

Guest plumber
Well I guess it's safe to say that this was NOT the worst olympics ever?

While I don't feel any differently about their "importance", Canada definitley put on a good show for everyone.

At the least the middle of the podium was owned!

I accept whatever words of mine I need to eat

Nobody said anything about words! :lol:

I have never been prouder to be Canadian.

Hosting the Olympics has been more than worth it in my opinion.

Not only did Canada break the Olympic record for number of gold medals for a country, but the world has seen what a great nation we are.

For once, all Canadians have been proud to display unabashed patriotism and enthusiasm for their country.

I have had the unique perspective of being in Texas the whole time. I have been watching the NBC coverage of the 2010 games. No matter what the cost, you could not have paid for such good advertising. The NBC coverage has been nothing short of spectacular. They have shown all the events on their three different channels, and filled in the gaps with awesome little pieces on Canadiana and, in particular little mini documentaries on BC's logging and tourism industries.

The awareness to the world that the coverage has the 2010 games has brought is unmeasurable. When I went into a restaurant down in Texas for dinner and people asked where I was from. I would say Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before the games, everyone knew where Canada was, but only a couple knew about BC, and almost no one Vancouver.

Now it's completely different, all I have to say is Vancouver.

Time will tell, but I think hosting the Olympics was the brightest idea our politicians have come up with in a long time.

The world now knows and appreciates Vancouver, BC, and Canada for all its glory. And for our great nation to kick *** on the world stage like this can do nothing but good for generations to come!

I have never been prouder to be Canadian.

Hosting the Olympics has been more than worth it in my opinion.

Not only did Canada break the Olympic record for number of gold medals for a country, but the world has seen what a great nation we are.

For once, all Canadians have been proud to display unabashed patriotism and enthusiasm for their country.

I have had the unique perspective of being in Texas the whole time. I have been watching the NBC coverage of the 2010 games. No matter what the cost, you could not have paid for such good advertising. The NBC coverage has been nothing short of spectacular. They have shown all the events on their three different channels, and filled in the gaps with awesome little pieces on Canadiana and, in particular little mini documentaries on BC's logging and tourism industries.

The awareness to the world that the coverage has the 2010 games has brought is unmeasurable. When I went into a restaurant down in Texas for dinner and people asked where I was from. I would say Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before the games, everyone knew where Canada was, but only a couple knew about BC, and almost no one Vancouver.

Now it's completely different, all I have to say is Vancouver.

Time will tell, but I think hosting the Olympics was the brightest idea our politicians have come up with in a long time.

The world now knows and appreciates Vancouver, BC, and Canada for all its glory. And for our great nation to kick *** on the world stage like this can do nothing but good for generations to come!

I agree 100%. After Calgary hosted the Games in '88 it really put us on the map. Just like you, I would talk to suppliers or customers or whatever in the US and Europe and they all knew Calgary. The legacy of having some world-class venuses such as COP and Canmore have borne fruit 22 years later in Vancouver