Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Long Lining Snow?

DGP

The nerve, cleaning up homless people and most likely giving them some food and clean clothes to go with the shower and haircut........good thing they didn't give them a job or something cause that would have been outright disgusting! <_<

I mean come on, who cares what the reason was some homeless people got a treat they normally wouldn't get.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Twas just the guise under which it was done that I didn't care for, Chopperman. That is all. :) In a perfect world without pretext, that would happen daily.

Vancouver bid on the Winter Olympics and won. Need snow for Winter Olympics. I see a can-do attitude/effort from a city with the resources and abilities to make it happen. Huge difference to me. Maybe that's just me and that is okay.

And why exactly are some guys in the helicopter industry complaining about helicopters being hired during the winter in a recession?

As for how our tax dollars are being spent, it is nice to see some federal tax money come out west for once instead of supporting Quebecers doing their "hobbies" on the taxpayers' dime for the last 30 years. :lol:

As for how our tax dollars are being spent, it is nice to see some federal tax money come out west for once instead of supporting Quebecers doing their "hobbies" on the taxpayers' dime for the last 30 years. :lol:

I get the feeling that was somehow directed at me.....but I'm not sure I know what the **** you're on about.

(And being REALLY REALLY good at a sport is not a job. It's nothing more than being REALLY REALLY good at a sport. also known as a hobby.

I heard Vanoc is spending 250,000 a day to haul snow, I only hope most of that is going to the 2 heli companies I know are involved!! This is no different than spending the day bucketing on a fire that has no where to go! It's like an unexpected tax return, free money is always cool.

:punk: :punk: :punk:

rob

I heard Vanoc is spending 250,000 a day to haul snow, I only hope most of that is going to the 2 heli companies I know are involved!! This is no different than spending the day bucketing on a fire that has no where to go! It's like an unexpected tax return, free money is always cool.

:punk: :punk: :punk:

rob

The BC tax payers who will get this cost overrun might not agree with that

(And being REALLY REALLY good at a sport is not a job. It's nothing more than being REALLY REALLY good at a sport. also known as a hobby.

I don't think you have the slightest clue about the years of dedication and comitment it takes to get to that level in a sport. These athletes have probally worked harder than you ever have just to get there, maybe try to have some respect for them.

I wonder if you have what it takes to be a world champion in anything?????

Just stiring the pot! Hahaha. The Olympics are here, lets make the best of it and cheer our country on. You can't go and party at everybody else's dinner parties and not expect to host one yourself once in a while.

The opening ceremonies were pretty well done I must say.

Just stiring the pot! Hahaha. The Olympics are here, lets make the best of it and cheer our country on. You can't go and party at everybody else's dinner parties and not expect to host one yourself once in a while.

The opening ceremonies were pretty well done I must say.

amen :D

also, 3 out of 4 flames ain't bad!

I don't think you have the slightest clue about the years of dedication and comitment it takes to get to that level in a sport. These athletes have probally worked harder than you ever have just to get there, maybe try to have some respect for them.

I wonder if you have what it takes to be a world champion in anything?????

I'm not denying that it takes a lot of work. And I'm sure they are far more dedicated than I am in every facet of our respective lives. But....who cares? What they do is not helping society.

Many here have dedicated their lives to flying helicopters....and I'm sure a few people have saved someone in a S&R mission....or helped put out a forest fire....or something..ya know...that helps people. But dedicating your life to being a really good figure skater? Or bob sled racer, or pole vaulter...or whatever....it does not help society. It's nothing more than a highly publicized parlour trick. When it's all over, how has all of their time and effort made the world a better place? I see very little difference between dedicating your life to a sport and how Paris Hilton spends her days partying and slacking off. She's got the money to do it so... whatever....lucky her.... The athletes go get money from other people so that they can spend their time...all of their time...doing what they would most likely only do on weekends...

I think that exceptional people (as those people are), should be using their gift for something more useful.

Myself, I'm going for the 2014 Olympic jackass team.