Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

206 A/f Fuel Filter

swede

Ok a little refresher for me is needed. I am trying to find where the time requirement for replacing the A/F Fuel filter on the 206. In the 300hr inspection it calls for checking the A/F fuel filter bleed port but I can't find where it spells out the replacement of the filter itself. Feeling a little like an idiot at the moment.

Cheers

Swede

Try Table 12-2 in the Bell 206MM. Says it's a 300hr item, however I'd be carefull with that if refuelling from remote sites, barrels, etc. Fuel filters are cheap compared to downstream system contamination and all the troubleshooting headaches that come from contaminated FCU filters.

Try Table 12-2 in the Bell 206MM. Says it's a 300hr item, however I'd be carefull with that if refuelling from remote sites, barrels, etc. Fuel filters are cheap compared to downstream system contamination and all the troubleshooting headaches that come from contaminated FCU filters.

Good point, Wcobra. I've seen plenty of junk in a filter after a 100 hr bush tour. Cheap insurance to change a filter. I also just rean in the last issue of the TC 'Safety Letter about the internal bypass on those EDP's. The check required after EDP filter replacement. it caused a flame-out on a ground run with boost pumps off. I know lots of guys who forget that check after maintenance.

Good Luck Swede and Congrats, eh?

Max interval is 300 hrs. but like wcobra said, if you're fueling out of dirty tanks or drums then 100hr is good too. I've worked for companies that do it every hundred and I have never found too much crap in the filtre, personally i'd go the 300hrs if it's flying daily but if it's only doing a couple hun a year then I'd go to the hundred, the paper does deteriorate after time. Preventing contaminants from getting into the tank in the first place is key. Then you have your a/f filtre, then the HP pump filtre and then if both of those fail, there is the little screen in the FCU. DRAIN SUMPS DAILY to prevent undissolved water from entering the system.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Ok a little refresher for me is needed. I am trying to find where the time requirement for replacing the A/F Fuel filter on the 206. In the 300hr inspection it calls for checking the A/F fuel filter bleed port but I can't find where it spells out the replacement of the filter itself. Feeling a little like an idiot at the moment.

Cheers

Swede

I usually change the fuel filter the same time I change the oil filters every 200 hrs. I have found in the past that the fuel filter gets very dirty at 300 hrs. and have never had a premature

FCU/Gov removal. Should you decide to take this route don't forget to amend your MCM/MPM.

In addition, I change my hydraulic fluid at 200 hrs. as well as clean my hydraulic filter and make some notation on the filter bowl housing as the filters are cleanable only three times.

"Hydraulic filter elements are field cleanable

at least three times"

This is taken directy from the Bell 206 manual I have not found any clear restrictions on the filter. I have heard this Rumour for awhile that its only to be cleaned three times, and until Bell clears it up I'll continue to treat the Hydraulic filter as an on condition item. I have replaced them more often than some and less often than others. But when people make statements like the one above concerns me a little.

I do agree with the statements above concerning fuel filters they are cheap insurance against contaminated FCU's and Flame outs.

Offset

"Hydraulic filter elements are field cleanable

at least three times"

This is taken directy from the Bell 206 manual I have not found any clear restrictions on the filter. I have heard this Rumour for awhile that its only to be cleaned three times, and until Bell clears it up I'll continue to treat the Hydraulic filter as an on condition item. I have replaced them more often than some and less often than others. But when people make statements like the one above concerns me a little.

I do agree with the statements above concerning fuel filters they are cheap insurance against contaminated FCU's and Flame outs.

Offset

Check your latest revision 206 MM, chap. 12, filters are now cleanable 3 times then throw away. Also check chap. 29 for cleaning instructions. Should you require any further info, send an email to bht PSE Light.

Cheers