Jump to content

Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canadian Cpl To Faa.

Recommended Posts

Unless the FAA has changed the rules, which may be the case. The first thing you have to do is get a security clearance from Oklahoma, if you pass that you will have to take your logbooks/CPL to your nearest FAA office. You will be issued a private helicopter license based on the strength of your CPL (H)


To get your FAA Commercial you have to do their written, pass an FAA flight test and meet their requirements. You need 2 hours of night x-country time (dual or solo) and 5 hours of PIC night. I can't remember the IFR requirements but I beleive it is 5 hours????


The rules were going to be changed and it was going to be like getting an FAA Commercial Airplane License, all you have to do is meet their requirements I believe.


If you are in the lower mainland Chinook Heli and Pro-IFR do conversions, they will have all the facts.


I went across the border and the rates were half of what you paid in Canada. (RH-22, you might not find a BH-47)


Have Fun................

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...