Sao Paulo News Helicopter Accident

Elvis

Guest Bullet Remington
Wow sure am glad you idiots can LOL your dumb a$$e$ off over such a tragic accident! very classy gentlemen very classy!!

DT:

NOBODY is laughing over this accident nor any other!! IF you read that into any of these posts, you are a fuggin idoit! And I risk insulting idiots in comparing you to them.

Now how's that for classy? That response sound familiar to ya? If this isn't coming down to your level, let me know, I can get down lower!

The only 'idiot"(I'm using your word here) that LOL was me. AND I was laughing at Mike's response to my question, NOT the accident nor the tragic effects and distress caused to anybody.

I have been engaged as a recovery team member in accidents far worse then this, and I never have and never will laugh at these unfortunate events.

Helilog56:

I concurr Sir! If you think that watching is hard to do, then you definitely DON'T want to do a recovery with a body bag! THAT is something that needs help with dealing with! Sometime when I'm out your way, we'll get a few bottles and I'll tell you a few stories!

BR

Helilog56:

I concurr Sir! If you think that watching is hard to do, then you definitely DON'T want to do a recovery with a body bag! THAT is something that needs help with dealing with! Sometime when I'm out your way, we'll get a few bottles and I'll tell you a few stories!

BR

You have yourself a deal ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

My benefit of the doubt always goes to the pilot, and in this case he put it right down square in the green field, about the only spot within miles that he could have done so. That the cameraman survived after a descent from 1000'+ AGL is testament to the pilot doing something right. Not a fan of armchair quarterbacks saying "should have..." It is sad though, that he didn't have enough time to get the nose dipped to pick up some forward speed, but he had to have done something to cushion because the airframe looks a lot better than a 3000-4000 fpm descent would have made it look.

RIP, and thoughts and prayers to the family of the pilot and to the cameraman for a full and timely recovery.

AV8

p.s. BR, I hear you, brother.