Balancers

Lee07

The Dynamic Solution Systems (DSS) Microvibe II is awsome for 206's through to MD's. Optical tracker (no targets) keeps the track picture in the box so you can compare different speeds, it gives you balance solutions (weight or sweep for lateral and PCL or tab adjustments for vertical) and learns form your inputs. There is no need for the maintennce manual charts as it is all part of te software. All files are down loadable to a PC based program which also links you to the manufacturers so if you have any problems they can see what you are talking about. The engine and airframe spectrum analysis has machine files you can lay over the top of the chart which lables what the peaks are caused by or multiples of.

I have been using one for approx 3 years on 2 bladed FH1100's, R22 & R44 to MD500's (C, D/E, FF, N) and also a S76. All you do is download the a/c type from thier database and away you go.

It does take some thinking when initially learning how to use, but once you get to grips with it you will find it a fantastic tool.

Nutmix

I'm just learning to use this tool... lots of cool features. I just need to play with it a bit more. I love the optical tracking with no targets. That takes all the guesswork out of track in gusting conditions, and different speed.

• 8 months later...

I agree with nutmix. The DSS is the way to go. Tried the Vibrex. We have an old Chadwick 8350, still works, but is a pain to use, plotting graphs and all. The DSS is modern technology that is easy to use, stores all the graphs digitally and keeps up with all the changes, but guys who like chadwick, seem to not like DSS.