Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Eagle 407hp

I am not a 407 guy but I would think that interlocking legs to be better than a front love seat in the astar.

As far as I'm concerned they both are uncomfortable. Although the back of the 407 has just enough room for 5 butts (barely) not usually room for 10 feet in ski/work boots. I'm siding on the 350 for 6 pax :punk:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone hear how much the converison will cost?

I remember reading in the Heli Expo news magazine they passed around, that Eagle was aiming for approx. $500,000.

Hopefully they are able to reach that goal. Rumour has it that they acquired a lot of the research done by Bell on the 417, which could help keep cost down.

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

As far as I understand the 407HP is not beefed up in terms of MTOGW, but in power, which means same maximum power from 0 up to 15000 (for example, I do not have exact value).

Same thing has been done many other helicopters, to maintain performance and max gross weight at higher altitude and in hot 'n high conditions. This is nothing new but a good opportunity for the customer to get more with the same airframe. Being able to load 1200kg (hook limitation) at higher altitude is all benefit for the operator.

Regarding the engine, it was effectively tested with the Bell 417, but its development was focused on the Bell 445 (ARH-70A aborted Mil version of the 407). The ARH-70A obviously needed a lot more power to carry all the mil equipment onboard without giving-up on fuel load for evident reasons.

Program was cancelled for the reasons we all know; las the 407 main rotor is a good one (extrapolated from French Starflex - AS 350)

Regards :)

• 2 years later...