Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bell Longranger Upgrade!

XoNe

Thanks BM.

So if it's (very) roughly $1million all in, amortized over 5 years on a machine flying 500hrs/yr, it'll only cost $400/hr (not counting carrying charges, depreciation, additional insurance, etc, etc)... What a deal, I'll take two!!

Dick

What if you had a wrecked L1 or L3? Wouldn't if make sense to rebuild as on L4?

Just askin'

Side-note: An L4 kicked my converted L1-C30P butt all summer long last year, working side-by-side. The L4 is a real high-hot performer. But then again, where the the L4 did one trip, I did two. Who made more forestry dollars? heh, heh.

I know of at least one operator that's L-3 wasn't hired because it was too small for SRD. THat extra couple of hundred pounds might make the difference for them. It will allow them to take 4 guys and gear instead of three and gear. It would make it closer to a B2 as far as a intermediate goes.

koala