Twin Turbine Planetary Gear

http://www.emilitarymanuals.com/apachehelicopter2.html

If you have 12:95 spare , you could download these manuals . I bet they have some good block diagrams.

Tha Apache , similar to the blackhawk , has a seperate module that includes the freewheel that is between the engine and the MGB input.

See www.nsaero.com home page for a diagram of the apache face gear.

http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?f...2009_G-REDL.pdf

Page 5 has a good diagram of puma.

Last week I could have snagged a good one of the Apache , but all i have lrft now is the tee shirt

WOW! This article is fantastic. I am a mechanical engineering student (who loves helicopters) and we are working on using spectral analysis to assess gear train health.

In this article the investigation team used spectral analysis of the audio recordings to search for geartrain related frequencies (pg.4).

We just need to develop an instrument that can provide a direct spectral analysis of the geartrain to provide a real-time assessment of transmission health...

Thank you for your help.

Eli

In this article the investigation team used spectral analysis of the audio recordings to search for geartrain related frequencies (pg.4).

Another good way of finding "noises" in gearboxes, engines, components is: Get yourself a 12" 1/4 drive extention, stick the female end firmly in your ear, touch the male end to the suspect area. viola!! Low tech stethoscope! Old guys don't need any of that high tech crap!! Have to do a fast oil filter clean in the field?? Drop the capped filter in a can of fuel, hold the can firmly onto a running gas refueling pump, chain saw, dirt bike, etc. voila! low tech ultrasonic machine!!

The "old ways" have saved my butt in the field many times!! :P:P