Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Contract Engineer Rates

helidoug

Well I see threads like this popping up again so I might as well jump in with my own question.

I might be going contract this season and am wondering what some of the contract rates for engineers are in these not so great times. I am 212 and A Star endorsed with lots of years in the business. I know that its up to each guy to make his own deal, so am just looking for ballpark figures.

I cant help but think that it would be good to have a place where people could post what the going rates for pilots and engineers are. Anyone have any thoughts as to how we could do this?

Anyways thanks in advance for any help.

well the going rate may be one thing, what you'll actually get is another........i've heard from more than a few sources that operators are going to be paying less than last year, so its anybody's guess right now........some of the contracts were bid pretty low so guess who bites the bullet ??

well the going rate may be one thing, what you'll actually get is another........i've heard from more than a few sources that operators are going to be paying less than last year, so its anybody's guess right now........some of the contracts were bid pretty low so guess who bites the bullet ??

True that, Warner.

Our rates as it were, are based on supply and demand. We can ask for pie-in-the-sky rates but with all the guys looking for work, machines sitting idle, and, I believe a significant Eagle ships that have left the country for greener pastures... well you can kinda figure out what the deal is. I'm pretty sure the 'good' operators would like to pay more to get and keep the skilled crews, but I believe the next couple seasons are gonna be in flux. As always, things work themselves out in due course but we have to be patient too. I always use the analogy of 'musical chairs'. For a few years now there were more chairs than crew. Now there are a lot fewer chairs.

Good luck everybody. Hope to see you all on a fire somewhere- busy, happy, wealthy and safely.

I was told a month ago I was going back where I was last year, not because I'm anything special, but because I have worked for them before and all was good for the previous 2 seasons, am I expecting to make the big bucks on contract........not going to happen, cause they just aren't there anymore

• 2 weeks later...
Well I see threads like this popping up again so I might as well jump in with my own question.

I might be going contract this season and am wondering what some of the contract rates for engineers are in these not so great times. I am 212 and A Star endorsed with lots of years in the business. I know that its up to each guy to make his own deal, so am just looking for ballpark figures.

I cant help but think that it would be good to have a place where people could post what the going rates for pilots and engineers are. Anyone have any thoughts as to how we could do this?

Anyways thanks in advance for any help.

I heard CHL is considering 412 and AW139 in Afganistan, $ :) 1000. USD per day, I heard this from a CHL edmonton Employee