College Of Professional Pilots

Dimit! The Husky washroom in Wabaska :shock: Now that`s gross! And yes I have been there! Peee you!

Too funny :lol:

I hope I haven`t started something with displaying concern over the fatigue engineers ( well actually I do!) , but as a driver I must say it concerns me when my fellow teammates get shafted with long work hours and crappy accomodations. Just doesn`t seem fair! After all its my *** in the seat and my wrench bending buddy needs his sleep as much as I do! I would venture to guess that its probably more important that he is well rested given the finite detail of the job to keep things safe.

This whole thing about pilots and engineers static BS proably goes back to the NCO-Officer business that the military puts up and perhaps in some twisted way it made its way civi side.Takes a team to make it happen and therefore we are all equal. Both with vital jobs to do to support safety.

And for the record a big thanks to all the engineers that have kept my *** in one piece over the last 20 years. :D:) could not have done it without your concern and vigilance!

P5

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullet Remington
Dimit! The Husky washroom in Wabaska :shock: Now that`s gross! And yes I have been there! Peee you!

Too funny :lol:

I hope I haven`t started something with displaying concern over the fatigue engineers ( well actually I do!) , but as a driver I must say it concerns me when my fellow teammates get shafted with long work hours and crappy accomodations. Just doesn`t seem fair! After all its my *** in the seat and my wrench bending buddy needs his sleep as much as I do! I would venture to guess that its probably more important that he is well rested given the finite detail of the job to keep things safe.

This whole thing about pilots and engineers static BS proably goes back to the NCO-Officer business that the military puts up and perhaps in some twisted way it made its way civi side.Takes a team to make it happen and therefore we are all equal. Both with vital jobs to do to support safety.

And for the record a big thanks to all the engineers that have kept my *** in one piece over the last 20 years. :D:) could not have done it without your concern and vigilance!

P5

Ok so we have established the the pilot statndards for was rooms are lower then those of engineers!! :o I haven't been in the Husky washroom is Wabaska so I'll have to take your word for the sorry state of it! <_<<_<

As for the NCO - Officier thing in the military, Nope, I spent 20 years in the military. Now I can't speak for the hairy bags (Navy) nor the grunts (army). But on the air force side of it, I was always called by my first name and I either called the drivers by their call sign OR their first name. I rarely used SIR, nor their rank. Frankly, I find the Us and them thingy much more pronounced on civiy street.

I got and gave more individual respect in the military then I have ever seen, recieved or given on the civiy side of things. Could be due to the transient / contract nature of the businesss, I don't know.

Takes a team. yep you betcha, Both with viatl; jobs, yepper!!We're all equal?? NOPE!The **** we are! When we make the same a drivers, with the same minimums, same flight pay, same duty limitataions ands same pay and every thing else being equal, we'll be equal.

But that ain't going to happen any time soon now is it!!

But the team thing works good...fora while anyways..

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Wow BR...are you looking at retirement anytime in the near future?I'm glad we dont work together because with an attitude like yours we wouldnt be for long!

There are just as many crappy engineers as there is pilots running around out there!

Guest Bullet Remington
Wow BR...are you looking at retirement anytime in the near future?I'm glad we dont work together because with an attitude like yours we wouldnt be for long!

There are just as many crappy engineers as there is pilots running around out there!

Now why is that AE?? You gonna fire me or are you too good to work with me?? Handles son. Handles!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It bothers you that an engineer wants to get the same minimums, pay and benefits that you do??

Just exactly what kind of attitude do you demand of your engineer before you decide they are your standards to work with there Big guy?? <_<<_<

Guest Angry Egg Driver
Now why is that AE?? You gonna fire me or are you too good to work with me?? Handles son. Handles!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It bothers you that an engineer wants to get the same minimums, pay and benefits that you do??

Just exactly what kind of attitude do you demand of your engineer before you decide they are your standards to work with there Big guy?? <_<<_<

I never said that i had standards for the pilots or engineers that i work with but after listening to you slag pilots in your previous posts it gets a little old.

Guest Bullet Remington

AE:

Engineers slagging pilots and pilots slagging engineeers have been going on for eons. I assume you've read that article titled; "How to Operate a Helicopter mechanic."That was wrtitten about 20 years ago, it it is as true today as it was then.

Most old pilots are aware of teeh slagging as are the old engineers.If I throw out it out, I expect it back. If I'm in the bush with a driver, he becomes my driver, and I become his mechanic. I slag him, he slags me. That's the way it works. Older drivers get it, older engineers get it.

Younger fella don'r get it! Re-read what I said about handles. The older drivers don't even bother posting, they get what I've been doing. You don't!! At this point though, when it gets to the satge that the driver repeatedly gets steered and don't get that they are being steered, it takes the fun out if it really!!

Don't go getting your underwear in a knot AE, you're just a driver, that's all. I'm just an engineer / mechanic, that's all. You do your shyte and I'll do mine. At the end of the contract we both get to go home with money in out pockets.

You drivers take yourselves ( most of you) too seriously. Again, you're just a pilot and driver. that doesn't make you any better nor any worse then an AME / mechanic. Stop acting like you are. The fact that you have a driver's license to operate a helicopter doesn't make you special nor entitle you to anything more then me. And the same applies to me - just because I have an engineers license. BUT, when I hear this team work crap, my question is, why is that term only used when one of the team is working so hard that their arse sucks wind and gets paid much less then the person that drives the machine?

Like I said, when engineers/mechanices get the same as drivers/pilots, we'll consider our self real team members. Until then we reserve the right to slag you guys! If it bothers you, pull in the handles!!

Guest Bullet Remington
And there is the problem right there. This post is discussing problems that we all face and in three pages it collapses into bickering. No wonder it is what it is.

Go back to the first page and read Blackmac's first post. and I quote: ' AME's were not addressed. but there is no reason for it not to come up at a later when things are finalized."

Sure!! So how far and just how much do you think engineers will get or be permitted to particiapte AFTER the fact?? Based upon pass history, it will be exactly where it is now. Nowhere and with nothing

Blackmac's comment re: Splitpin and I being the ones to critize; was a snide comment (from my understanding) having said that SOMEBODY has to express just what is happening and has been happening to the engineers. The younger fellas won't do it. They're scared to death that the driver will go running to the boss and they'll end up out of a job. They are justified inthe method of thinking, I 've seen drivers try to do that to me. It back fied on them, but they tried.

The fact that Blackmac asked the question, "Why is this just coming to light now"( I'm paraphrasing) is indicative that nobody's been listening or watching the maintenance side of the business. So it becomes a surprise!m It's sorta like the monkeys onthe tree. Those at the bottom are grimicing tryingto get up, but when they look uop all they can see are the arse holes of the monekeys above. The monkeys at the top look down and they see a bunch of smiling faces. They are so lost in their belief that all is well with those below them are happy, they don't realize that those aren't smiles on the faces of the lower monkeys, it griming!! :rolleyes::huh:

And based upon the fact that the engineers will be dealt with AFTER the fact rather then included at the begining, is indicative of just how much of a particpatory requirement the drivers expect the AME's to contribute. MY perception is that the drivers will, as they always have relagate the engineers to the back of the bus. Fictional? per chance. Actual? More then likey.

Bickering? Possibly BUT there is a thin line between bickering and debating. One woulld asssume that the definition would depend upon the individual perception. Critizism is always welcomed, along with a bit of needleing. The ocassional cheap shot is inevitable. B)

So, if you're going to post a cheap and/or snide remark ( again, my perception ) might as well quaifly it with further opinions based upon your experience. Otherwise what's the point of your post??

Despite my percieved stance I do look for, expect and appreciate the opinions of others...even if they are those of a driver and/or mis-aligned with my thinking and are wrong!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Guest Bullet Remington
Be carefull with AED BR. I suspect he is the type you are talking about. He tolerates no critisizm (sp) of Pilots. Warrented or in jest. http://www.verticalmag.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry112834 :P:P

Read the whole thread. Kinda funny. Oh for the good old days on this site!!

John Nixon

Splitty:

Oh I know who AED is. His reputation precedes him. Having said that I don't see a need to be careful around him. What's he gonna do? Cost me a job?? Pffft. Like I care!!

Having said that, despite having a little fun pulling his strings, I shall attempt too be civil to him as well others. BUt it is kinda hard to let go of those handle when they stick out like that!! :lol::lol: After a while though, steering around the legends in their own mind becomes fatiguing especially when they aren't smart enough get it!

At that point us legends in our spare time persue other entertainment!! :P:rolleyes::lol: