Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

College Of Professional Pilots

A CBC News investigation explores the role of pilot fatigue in a Regionnaire plane crash 10 years ago, and asks whether Transport Canada is doing enough to prevent pilot exhaustion from causing accidents in future. Airs Wednesday, March 24 and Friday, March 26.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullet Remington
That's outstanding BR. Thanks!

After work today I'll post a letter here that others can copy, making it pretty darned easy to get this going. I'll also post the letter and TC contact info over on the other forum.

Cheers,

Dick

No problem, Dick. My pleasure, Give me a holler if ya need anything else. I have spent quite a bit of time mulling through that discombobulated excuse for an information site and i've stumbled upon a pile of stuff I never knew existed!! However, IF I am looking for something specific, it usually takes me about three trips thrrough there to find anything!!

BR

And there is the problem right there. This post is discussing problems that we all face and in three pages it collapses into bickering. No wonder it is what it is.

Pretty well sums it up. A great resource wasted. I think there's a lot of wisdom out there but who can be bothered to wade through all the juvenile posturing for the few kernels. I visit here occasionally for much the same reason as I slow down passing a road accident - fleeting curiosity.

Cheers . . . . .

Bickering? Possibly BUT there is a thin line between bickering and debating. One woulld asssume that the definition would depend upon the individual perception. Critizism is always welcomed, along with a bit of needleing. The ocassional cheap shot is inevitable. B)

Not among adults serious about a discussion that progresses. Good humour is always welcome but not cheap shots - especially on a forum where context and reply is not ideal.

Cheers . . . . .

Glad to see the recent uptick in tone in the last few posts. Maybe there's hope. Thanks Dimit.

BR, Was that list of TSB recommendations to TC at a specific URL? I know that in many of their reports they mention previous recommendations, often not acted on. They might claim lack of staff but more likely a lack of will OR pressure from various lobbies.

A complete list might be good ammo for a letter . . . .

Thanks, cheers . . . . .

Guest Bullet Remington
Glad to see the recent uptick in tone in the last few posts. Maybe there's hope. Thanks Dimit.

BR, Was that list of TSB recommendations to TC at a specific URL? I know that in many of their reports they mention previous recommendations, often not acted on. They might claim lack of staff but more likely a lack of will OR pressure from various lobbies.

A complete list might be good ammo for a letter . . . .

Thanks, cheers . . . . .

Cj:

See CD's post for the recommendations. I'm not 100% sure ;) but CD might be a little closer affiliated with TCCA then i have been lately. IF he posts something, it's pretty well on the money!

BR

Guest Bullet Remington
Not among adults serious about a discussion that progresses. Good humour is always welcome but not cheap shots - especially on a forum where context and reply is not ideal.

Cheers . . . . .

CJ:

I thinking, based upon your post that you are a driver. And again, based upon you post, you have never had to negotiate a contract for a bunch of folks, or negotiate the final total on a Heavy Maintenance Invoice, or working conditions, benefilts, etc, etc, etc.

Otherwise your post would have been different. ALL discussions will eventually go off topic. Given the nature of humans, it is inherent. Cheap shoits are part and parcel of this business. I 've taken them from pilots and pilots have taken them from me. MOST pilots are smart enough to know what is going on, AND most pilots are smart enough NOT to poke out handles by which they can be steered. Further, most pilots are secure enough with themselves, their abilities, and their place in the business top roll with it, as am I. :rolleyes:

If you are ever in Ottawa, take a visit to the House of Commons, or take in some of the senate discussions. Now THOSE go off topic and are insultuous!! <_<

NOTHNING on these forms, have been insultuous on my part. Those that percieve it as such needs a bit of time in the business, OR to grasp their own insecurities. Otherwise, they can go hug a tree!

The ONLY drivers who get a knot in their face over anything posted here are very insecure! I don't know why this is so prevalent amonst pilots, but there is not reason for it. The fact that a person drives a flying machine doesn't exempt them from being ribbed any more then being an engineer/mechanic exempts me from being ribbed. Geez, man, don't be so full of yourself! It's just avaition and you are just a driver!! The fact that you had to pay $60,000.00 to be a driver doesn't make you nor me any better then the guy that paid $120,000.00 for the truck that hauls fuel from Calgary to Vancouver. While both jobs have their own inherent dangers, the truck driver has a sense of humour and don't assume his position dictates that he be held in some sense of awe!! Not yet anyway! ;)

Frankly, I tire of the infantile attitudes and the expection that any of us, both drivers and mechanics deserves some special appreiation and/or respect because of their chosen profession.

Respect is the hardest thing in the world to get, and it has to be earned. It is also the easist thing in the world to lose. I have no respect and i want no res[pect. IF a driver wants some respect, earn it! But, it won't be simply because they spout of that they are a professional pilot. Whenever somebody tells me they are a professional p[ilot, my question is; As compared to and/or opposed to what other kind of pilot!!

Take your self too seriously and you'll end up grounded from the bleeding ulcers!! Get a sense of humour fer keerist's sake!!

You sure figured out a lot about me from two sentences! Too bad much of it is wrong.

Cheap shoits are part and parcel of this business.

Sorry, cheap shots are just that - cheap. Thoughtless, easy to fire off, great crowd appeal and disrespectful. Real humour with good taste requires a bit more thought and respect for others. It's not done to score points or belittle but to get a real laugh.

I have no respect and i want no res[pect.

This doesn't sound healthy.

Neither does your strong focus on "drivers" (as in "not engineers") and your nearly exclusive view of engineers and pilots as intensely us/them. Not my experience, thankfully. Lots of bitterness I sense.

How's that for personal analysis? But then, you've given us so much more to work with!

Cheers . . . . . .

Guest Bullet Remington
Sorry, cheap shots are just that - cheap. Thoughtless, easy to fire off, great crowd appeal and disrespectful. Real humour with good taste requires a bit more thought and respect for others. It's not done to score points or belittle but to get a real laugh.

This doesn't sound healthy.

Neither does your strong focus on "drivers" (as in "not engineers") and your nearly exclusive view of engineers and pilots as intensely us/them. Not my experience, thankfully. Lots of bitterness I sense.

How's that for personal analysis? But then, you've given us so much more to work with!

Cheers . . . . . .

If you re-read my post I stated "I THINK you're a pilot..."That's been confirmed by your response. And I wasn't trying to figure you out. You did that with your latest post. Humour comes in a variety of forms. Not all of it will please everybody, Such is life.

As for being a strong focus on drivers, you have comfirmed what mMost,(Not all) drivers seem to emit, and that's the air that the whole business revolves around them. You ARE the focal point Son. Congratulations, on figuring that out!! You aren't as bright as you think you are!! you're too think to realize you are being steered! And you are right it is us and them. That's Me and my driver against all the other twits trying to take our hours! As for being engineeer exclusive, nope, Most other engineers feel the same way I do, BUt won't say anything primarily because they don't trust some of the drivers AND they HAVE to work to pay the bills. I 'm in a different boat. I work when I want NOT because I have to.

Not bitternesss you are sensing. I have worked with several top notch drivers, and I look forward to working with them again, and will. Thos that i work with respect me, as i do them and they trust me with their life - a responsibility I do NOt take lightly. On the same token, I taje cheap shots at them all the time and they returne tthe same in kind. But them again the divers I work with are all grown uo!! :lol: What you are sensing is sarcasm. Not towards all drivers. Just self righteous condesending, illegitimate, pompous and self rightous people, not like yourself.

Now THAT was a cheap shot. It was meant to be insultuous, not funny. That work for you!!! ;)

Now you have something to bit(h about!