Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helmet Dealers In Canada?

With the US dollar where it is....do the following..

Call Rob at Merit apparell in Florida. Order your helmet ...Gallet...nicely balanced helmet...I've had several and will never go back to the others....get him to ship it USPS..(US postal service.) no brokerage fee...even if you have to pay duties...the Gallet will be the cheapest I've seen one it 5 years.

Great helmet by the way, and Merit is tops for service.

• 7 months later...

Vector Aerospace in Langley,BC sells the Gallet LH 250's. Thats where a lot of West Coast Pilots I know have been getting them. Pretty good price and they can do the David Clark set up. I would reccomend them over using a company in the USA, in case you have any issues plus you save on shipping etc. I also think they are the only ones to install the DC package.

The last helmet I got was an sph5 from flightsuits painted black...cost $1600 CAN with dual visor...got the runaround like everyone else here trying to get a new one the other day so I ordered a HGU56 yesterday from Kitchener Aero...it will be here next week...painted black..dual visor...will be around $2500...company will pay for half :up:by the way... my last hemet was bought 12 years ago ... :shock:

Another vote for Merritt Apparel here.

Purchased a Gallet LH250 and I love it.

Pros:

lightweight

small profile

inner visor blocks all of the air from your eyes if flying doors off

Cons:

I find it noisier than the alpha eagle I had.

I opted for the gel ear cups and its very difficult to put the helmet on if they get cold.

I also had the alpha eagle and besides being light and good with sound blocking I didn't care for it much. The huge profile is difficult to fit in a bubble window, the visors don't block the wind from your eyes and it simply wasn't as comfortable.

Also I suggest you only purchase "glossy" colours as they will stay clean longer and be easier to clean yourself.

Vector Aerospace in Langley,BC sells the Gallet LH 250's. Thats where a lot of West Coast Pilots I know have been getting them. Pretty good price and they can do the David Clark set up. I would reccomend them over using a company in the USA, in case you have any issues plus you save on shipping etc. I also think they are the only ones to install the DC package.

This is where i too bought my Gallet.

I have both a Gentex HGU-56/P and a Gallet LH-250. The Gentex sits at home in storage, that should tell you everything about my preference. The Gallet is light and i can even fit my head with helmet on into the window and look back and see the Tq gauge in a 206 B/L.