Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ame Duty Time Limits

I hear tell that TC already has guidelines set out that will be in force next year. That is what we were told on a recent audit...

And word is, that they are NOT going to be easy to deal with.

Anyone heard anything that might confirm this? Or not...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The word I heard was that in the morning, someone, (DOM, Shop Forman etc) has to decide if the individual is fit to work. If not, you have to send him home. That might be for a multitude of reasons I suppose.

That was just one thing that TC passed on - and the "book of rules" is about 2 inches thick!

Before anyone gets in a knot, I haven't see it, but that was what our QA guy was told as a heads up for the future.

I may not be pleasant for either side. But, anything that would help the wrenches have a decent duty day, will be good.

I want my wrench to be rested...

• 1 month later...

Just finished studying/researching some of the Peruvian regulations (RAP) and found an interesting tidbit on maintenance duty time limits. No more than 12 hours in a work day, if 12 hours are worked only 8 hours permitted in the next work day. and every 6 consecutive work days one full 24 hour period must be taken as time off.

Just finished studying/researching some of the Peruvian regulations (RAP) and found an interesting tidbit on maintenance duty time limits. No more than 12 hours in a work day, if 12 hours are worked only 8 hours permitted in the next work day. and every 6 consecutive work days one full 24 hour period must be taken as time off.

If there was a "like" button, I would have pressed it.

Dick, a very noble effort and thanks. You are a class act all the way around.

I used to work for a fellow a couple of years back that was on the TC advisory group that was consulted for the new rules on AME duty day. From what he told me, and from his perspective(AMO shop owner) he didn't really understand the issue for us bush-types. He sleeps in his own bed every night and picks his own hours. Not exactly the type of person who TC should be consulting with to get a proper measure of the situation, IMHO.

Either way, a duty day for AME's will create chaos in ways we can't even begin to comprehend. Seismic ops will be one that pops into my head. I'm not complaining, but the customer's will have to adjust to the new reality. Same goes for some pilots too. "I expect my windows to be cleaned when I get out here in the morning" will be met with "sorry, past my duty day" lol.

Lets hope that the disruption is minimal and the safety improvement is worth the initial grief.

A few years back when I was starting to get serious about hanging up my tools, it was my fondest dream that before I died there would be duty times in place for the younger Engineers following me and my old cronies. However, I am sad to report that, (despite the noble efforts of some, Thank-You Dimmit and others), I feel that a viable duty schedule for Engineers (especially field people) will never happen. I hope I am proven wrong, but the dream is fading fast. The cards are stacked heavily against the Engineers. Always have been, always will be. EG: All aviation associations etc.in Canada filled with management people. Do the math Gentlemen.

John Nixon

P.S. Melfort is a cool town. Good hard working Redneck folks. Not full of whiners and social misfits like B.C. :P:P

Guest Bullet Remington

Arctic front: I always put a can of window cleaner and clean rags in the machine for the driver. IF he wanted the windows cleaned, he can do it! I was usually busy during the day refuelling the machine and maintaining the bush gear. At night I was repairing / inspecting the machine. I cleaned the area the paying folks sat in looked out of! IF the driver wanted to sit in a clean office, he'd better do that himself, it is his office, not mine!! If he was a hald decent driver, I'd do it if I got time, If he was a PITA legend, I won't waste my time!

John:

Talk to thew folks at Transwest if you get bored. I was talking to them and told them you were in the area. So give hem a holler if you get bored!LOL They have the machines you are endoresd on..

John:

Talk to thew folks at Transwest if you get bored. I was talking to them and told them you were in the area. So give hem a holler if you get bored!LOL They have the machines you are endoresd on..

Cool!! They have machines in the Melfort Saskatchewan area??? You're not keeping up on things Bud. I moved from Powell River last month. Orrrr----maybe they are in this area?? :D:D

John Nixon

Guest Bullet Remington
Cool!! They have machines in the Melfort Saskatchewan area??? You're not keeping up on things Bud. I moved from Powell River last month. Orrrr----maybe they are in this area?? :D:D

John Nixon

John:

they are in the Sakabush area you are in. And/or close to it, I believe. Theyt were looking for folks a while back, - a couple of weeks ago. Google them. Their Chief Wrench bender Brian V is a fairly streaigyt forward type of person.

I know you got the heck out of Bring Cash. I'm just windering how long it will take to get that BC attitude outa ya!!!LOL LOL LOL LOL